Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

Hi All,

I am looking to join as a Reservist and am going to down to the Reg tomorrow night for an interview and a tour of the place.

Is there anything I should know about before I go, for example what questions he is going to ask? I thought I was doing my Face to Face Interview on the Assessment Date (which I am still to be given). Is it a different joining process for reservists to full time?

Carter2019

Swinger
Hi can anyone let me know how long the assessment centre is? I thought it was two day(three including travel day) but have been told to travel up on the Monday and travel back home on the Thursday? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I'll try and keep this short and simple

I've always wanted to join the parachute regiment, I first joined at 18 but bottled it so I DAOR'd. I then rejoined and went back to catterick in july this year! Unfortunately I got discharged under IMA because I had bunions so this was a bit of a kick in the teeth. I'm 23 years old now and plan on having them removed and rejoining once again!

Was constantly being told different things so wanted to see if anyone here could help. Would I be okay rejoining, any delays or procedures I'd have to take before hand, has anything else been through something similar.

Thank you.

Dede

Crow
How was ur assessment?? I got my assessment on 22Aug at Glencorse.. and Im alse from a commonwealtg
Im also from commonwealth .i got my assesment on 23 nov at glencorse... it said 09:00 to 17:00 full A/C can anyone share what happen during that day ... im not sure

So i was supposed to attend prac this week, however my portal said that prac started on the monday but the joining instructions said to turn up on the tuesday, i called the recruitment advice monday morning and they told me i would be put down as failed to attend as i should be there on the monday, im just wondering if anyone has any more informantion on when i should actually attend (monday or tuesday) as i have rebooked it for november

amnesia

Old-Salt
So i was supposed to attend prac this week, however my portal said that prac started on the monday but the joining instructions said to turn up on the tuesday, i called the recruitment advice monday morning and they told me i would be put down as failed to attend as i should be there on the monday, im just wondering if anyone has any more informantion on when i should actually attend (monday or tuesday) as i have rebooked it for november
PRAC in November starts on Monday the 11th.

ryan_c

Crow
I did my assessment centre a while back now and got my date for basic will be going next week if anyone would like any advice feel free to ask :)
Hi, did you have to sit an English and Maths test? I asked my CSM and apparently everyone has to. I’m a Commonwealth applicant so I’m just trying to figure out what to expect from the tests. My assessment is on the 22nd and 23rd of October at ATC Pirbright. I just want to be prepared as possible.

Last edited:

Shakebody

Swinger
Hi guys I wanted to ask what is contained in the 55 pounds that paid during assessment for the items given.. Instead of buying the items ourselves.

TAZ2

Swinger
Hi guys I wanted to ask what is contained in the 55 pounds that paid during assessment for the items given.. Instead of buying the items ourselves.
I wasn't under the impression we had to buy anything!!

What's the crack with that mate?

Shakebody

Swinger
Hmmm so sorry if I passed d wrong message across.. I meant when going for assessment instead of getting the items recommended ourselves can't we just pay and get it in the assessment center.??
I wasn't under the impression we had to buy anything!!

What's the crack with that mate?

sorry couldn’t send the attachment on here

Currently
Armoured Engineer is recruited for 3 to 4 times a year. (This is how often basic training is run for your individual role choice)

The more often basic training is run for your role choice, the quicker you maybe able to start basic training
If you want to know how often any other role is recruited for let me know ?
am applying for Army Band, port Operator and Military Police from commonwealth and my assessment is 13 Nov 2019, pls advise how often training is run thanks mate.

TAZ2

Swinger
Hmmm so sorry if I passed d wrong message across.. I meant when going for assessment instead of getting the items recommended ourselves can't we just pay and get it in the assessment center.??

Not sure what you mean man!! If you need to do some shopping Edinburgh is a big city

Pittie

Swinger
You don't have to buy anything at selection, unless you want some shite from the tuck shop that the staff run that they may (or may not) let you use on your first night.

The 52 quid the guy is talking about is an optional box of kit you can buy while at Phase 1 which includes random items like trouser ties, etc., that you can buy while there rather travelling with it. Again, this is for your actual training. You don't need to buy anything at selection.