Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

Jonno1928

Swinger
I was going as Electronics tech, but have changed my choice to Communication Engineer (Systems engineer) in the Royal Signals.

Pirbright?
Ah why the change? I'm going as electronics tech. Yea pirbright. I was hoping to go sooner but oh well.

The process has been quite quick so far though

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Ah why the change? I'm going as electronics tech. Yea pirbright. I was hoping to go sooner but oh well.

The process has been quite quick so far though

Just personally think it will be more interesting for the kind of things that I'm interested in, I was hoping to be in sooner too. Bit of a shame but doesn't bother me too much, gives me more time to prepare fitness wise! I just hope that basic follows on fairly quickly if i pass assessment!

I applied July 7th so was quite quick for me too. Whereabouts (obviously regionally for privacy) are you coming from?

Jonno1928

Swinger
Just personally think it will be more interesting for the kind of things that I'm interested in, I was hoping to be in sooner too. Bit of a shame but doesn't bother me too much, gives me more time to prepare fitness wise! I just hope that basic follows on fairly quickly if i pass assessment!

I applied July 7th so was quite quick for me too. Whereabouts (obviously regionally for privacy) are you coming from?
That's fair enough. Did they say why it was so long for you? I applied on 30th July.

I'm from Devon yourself?
Have you timed your 1.2 mile yet? I just did mine at 8.44 which I was quite surprised at

That's fair enough. Did they say why it was so long for you? I applied on 30th July.

I'm from Devon yourself?
Have you timed your 1.2 mile yet? I just did mine at 8.44 which I was quite surprised at

They told me that they had one earlier slot at the beginning of October, but i couldn't get it off work, apparently they were full in September, don't know how true that was but it isn't the end of the world for me.

I'm from Wiltshire mate, you going up by train or being dropped off?

My 1.2 is at around 9:40 at the moment, well within what i need but I do want to drop at least another 30 seconds before Pirbright if I can.

Jonno1928

Swinger
They told me that they had one earlier slot at the beginning of October, but i couldn't get it off work, apparently they were full in September, don't know how true that was but it isn't the end of the world for me.

I'm from Wiltshire mate, you going up by train or being dropped off?

My 1.2 is at around 9:40 at the moment, well within what i need but I do want to drop at least another 30 seconds before Pirbright if I can.
I reckon slots will become available. I think I'm gonna get the train mate you?

Yea man you should be able to. Have you been doing the other tests too?

Trant9724

Swinger
I did my assessment centre a while back now and got my date for basic will be going next week if anyone would like any advice feel free to ask :)

I reckon slots will become available. I think I'm gonna get the train mate you?

Yea man you should be able to. Have you been doing the other tests too?

Hopefully! Yeah train too, if you PM me closer to the time we can always co-ordinate to meet in the station beforehand if you want.

Have you been given any rough dates that basic could be by your AFCO? Mine told me that they are already booking some people for next Feb/March!

Trant9724

Swinger
What is the interview like at the end of AC? I assume it is a lot more formal than the one at the AFCO?
Not really It sort of depends who you get for your interview, I did mine at Glencourse and a lot of the time its an informal chat they tell you your test results and you have a small discussion about your medical etc. I remember being asked about why I wanted to join the army by my interviewer i am sure that in this case everyone would have a different answer to that question. However, i got lucky with my interviewer but you could end up speaking to anyone just remember to take it seriously until you get back on the train to go home. You'll find they note down more than you think and are watching you even when you think they are not!

Jonno1928

Swinger
Hopefully! Yeah train too, if you PM me closer to the time we can always co-ordinate to meet in the station beforehand if you want.

Have you been given any rough dates that basic could be by your AFCO? Mine told me that they are already booking some people for next Feb/March!
Yea mate that would be great. At least I'd know one person and not feel so nervous aha.

No they haven't mentioned anything but I might ask them. Would be great to start this year but thinking about training over winter just doesn't sound appealing

Not really It sort of depends who you get for your interview, I did mine at Glencourse and a lot of the time its an informal chat they tell you your test results and you have a small discussion about your medical etc. I remember being asked about why I wanted to join the army by my interviewer i am sure that in this case everyone would have a different answer to that question. However, i got lucky with my interviewer but you could end up speaking to anyone just remember to take it seriously until you get back on the train to go home. You'll find they note down more than you think and are watching you even when you think they are not!
Thanks for the heads up mate, i guess it's the stage that they are trying to sort through who they don't want there so makes sense!

Trant9724

Swinger
Thanks for the heads up mate, i guess it's the stage that they are trying to sort through who they don't want there so makes sense!
No worries mate, still just take it serious its all on who you get on the day really could be anyone! any more questions feel free to ask :-D

M3nsa

Crow
Passed my assessment last month at Lichfield. Happy to answer any questions. Brilliant couple of days that I thoroughly enjoyed. PRAC next....
Hello, I have been booked for Lichfield on 14th November can you give me a rundown on how everything goes.

I would like to know more details about the entire assessment.... Feeling a little nervous. Thanks in advance

Latest Threads