Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

I was originally looking at tank crewman but am now looking at guardsman, in regards to training I know it is longer as phase 1 and 2 are together, do you still just get the 1 long weekend for family day like the 14 week course or do you any other time off?

Hello, Guys i have my adsc on 18 jul Pribright, has anyone have on this day ???
And got some question
Do we need to do an Icebreaker on assessment???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, Guys i have my adsc on 18 jul Pribright, has anyone have on this day ???
And got some question
Do we need to do an Icebreaker on assessment???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, you no longer do the icebreaker at assessment. Instead you will be put into pairs and you will need to find out the other persons ; name, age,jobs, what they aspire to do within the army and you will need to stand up in front of the group and tell everyone this in your pair.

I thought it was only for combat roles?
Every role in the British army is soldier first, trade second (or combat engineer second, trade third for RE) ergo every role in every corps undertakes the same tests set as at 1 April 2019.

The assessment centre caters to all types; combat arms, combat support arms and combat service support arms.

Every role in the British army is soldier first, trade second (or combat engineer second, trade third for RE) ergo every role in every corps undertakes the same tests set as at 1 April 2019.

The assessment centre caters to all types; combat arms, combat support arms and combat service support arms.
Is that the same at phase 1?

All corps do the same phase 1 training (14 weeks).
Infantry do the same phase 1 training as the corps (except at Catterick) and they continue to do their phase 2 training also at Catterick.
Sorry I didnt explain myself properly, I meant in regards to the pfa, is it only combat roles that do the new test, so not the old push up, sit ups and 1.5mile run

Sorry I didnt explain myself properly, I meant in regards to the pfa, is it only combat roles that do the new test, so not the old push up, sit ups and 1.5mile run
Just had a look here, take back what I said, looks like they will be different after all.

Source: army.mod.uk/physical-employment-standards/

Ground Close Combat (GCC). The new standards will come into effect for all Ground Close Combat (GCC) roles from April 1st 2019.

1562930662199.png

1562930674194.png

Non-Ground Close Combat (Non-GCC). New standards for non-GCC roles will be implemented 2021/22. In the interim, non-GCC personnel will continue to complete the current Annual Fitness Test. (puhsups, situps, 1.5 etc)

The underpinning research for non-GCC roles is underway and will be complete for delivery in 2021.

This research is complex and involves a full and detailed role analysis completed by a world leading scientific institute.

Mate, to try and make it clear. The new Physical Employment Standards (PES) apply to everyone and where introduced in Apr 19.

Entry tests now consist of a 2KM run, a med ball throw and an electronic mid thigh pull.

Role Fitness Tests (RFT) have been introduced for GCC trades fom Apr this year. The rest of the Army will continue with the AFT until further notice.

Latest Threads