Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

Apologies if this has been covered recently however I have just applied for regular soldier and was wondering what the application process timeframe was at the minute? (From application to basic training). Not sure if capita are still in charge of recruitment as I know they weren’t great from previous experience. I have previously been a reservist also, if that makes any difference.
Cheers!

Apologies if this has been covered recently however I have just applied for regular soldier and was wondering what the application process timeframe was at the minute? (From application to basic training). Not sure if capita are still in charge of recruitment as I know they weren’t great from previous experience. I have previously been a reservist also, if that makes any difference.
Cheers!
I dont have much info but I applied about 3 weeks ago, had my briefing about a week or so after and have my assessment on the 4th September but could have had it sooner if I wanted

I dont have much info but I applied about 3 weeks ago, had my briefing about a week or so after and have my assessment on the 4th September but could have had it sooner if I wanted
Thats a big help thanks mate, bit quicker than I was expecting to be fair! How much earlier could you have had your assessment centre? I'm keen to get everything done asap really.

Thats a big help thanks mate, bit quicker than I was expecting to be fair! How much earlier could you have had your assessment centre? I'm keen to get everything done asap really.
Cant remember exactly what they said but I think it was about 2 months from my briefing would have been the quickest

Dependant on the outcome of your medical triage call your AC date will be 8 - 11 weeks from your Army Brief. It can be as little as three weeks, but lots of things have to be right for that to happen....triage outcome...your fitness...availability of AC spaces etc.

What's your run time atm?
I have attended selection
What's your run time atm?
Hello,
I attended selection earlier this week.
Out of 36 lads.
•The best run time was 7 mins 30s.
•The last runner completed it in 10 mins 50s.
• One lad dropped out due to lack off effort.
• No one failed the run, but there were some recruits that didn’t meet the run times for there job Choice (I.e Paras).

• When preparing make sure you do a 0.5 mile warm up jog and then stop for a 20 second break and then move straight into the run. As when I attended selection center we did not have any break in between the warm up and actual timed run.

(whatever happens as long as it’s not medical related don’t stop, as long as you keep running they’ll be happy. If you walk it will be noted down by the staff as lack of effort, and There is a member of staff on every corner watching and noting down your effort.)

I was in the middle of the group and I finished in 8 mins 20 s.

I have attended selection

Hello,
I attended selection earlier this week.
Out of 36 lads.
•The best run time was 7 mins 30s.
•The last runner completed it in 10 mins 50s.
• One lad dropped out due to lack off effort.
• No one failed the run, but there were some recruits that didn’t meet the run times for there job Choice (I.e Paras).

• When preparing make sure you do a 0.5 mile warm up jog and then stop for a 20 second break and then move straight into the run. As when I attended selection center we did not have any break in between the warm up and actual timed run.

(whatever happens as long as it’s not medical related don’t stop, as long as you keep running they’ll be happy. If you walk it will be noted down by the staff as lack of effort, and There is a member of staff on every corner watching and noting down your effort.)

I was in the middle of the group and I finished in 8 mins 20 s.
The last run I did was in 9min 10s, that was with barely any training what would you recommend to bring it down?

The last run I did was in 9min 10s, that was with barely any training what would you recommend to bring it down?
Hello,

Have you tried interval training and or hill sprints this will massively improve your time over a shorter time period. The army suggests the bellow interval training workout.

2.4Km Run split into 400m intervals.
400m best effort as fast as you can manage
400m at a light jog
And repeat this over the full 2.4Km distance.

It is by no means impossible to knock 1 minute of your current time in 4 weeks of training try to involve interval training, hill sprint, and the 2 km run into your training plan regularly.

I’d advise you to do the bellow; anything more is a bonus

1 * 3 mile run or longer distance up-to 6 miles a week (No need to start running marathons)

1 * interval session a week

1 * 1.2 mile run a week ( best effort) - 0.5 mile warm up (jogging) then go straight into 1.2 mile run timed run

There was another lad who’s best time was 9 mins before attending the selection Centre and he achieved 8 mins 30 secs. Which shows having a group of lads around you encourages you even more.

Are you applying for Paras or SAS Reserve

Hello,

Have you tried interval training and or hill sprints this will massively improve your time over a shorter time period. The army suggests the bellow interval training workout.

2.4Km Run split into 400m intervals.
400m best effort as fast as you can manage
400m at a light jog
And repeat this over the full 2.4Km distance.

It is by no means impossible to knock 1 minute of your current time in 4 weeks of training try to involve interval training, hill sprint, and the 2 km run into your training plan regularly.

I’d advise you to do the bellow; anything more is a bonus

1 * 3 mile run or longer distance up-to 6 miles a week (No need to start running marathons)

1 * interval session a week

1 * 1.2 mile run a week ( best effort) - 0.5 mile warm up (jogging) then go straight into 1.2 mile run timed run

There was another lad who’s best time was 9 mins before attending the selection Centre and he achieved 8 mins 30 secs. Which shows having a group of lads around you encourages you even more.

Are you applying for Paras or SAS Reserve
I'll give that a go.

I'm looking to join household cavalry

So, the answer is...it depends...

Im guessing you had a medical triage call before you attended your Army Brief?

Depending on the outcome of that depends on whether you can attend the AC without your medical records having been received.

If you weren't eligible to attend you will (ideally) have been told two weeks before you are due to attend.

However, you can not start Basic Training without your medical records being reviewed.
I have recently passed my ADSC and I have passed my medical assessment with the doctor, and I was given a conditional pass as the Army hadn’t received my primary health records from my GP yet.

My careers adviser contacted me the other day to say my medical had gone through and had passed. He also loaded my onto my basic training course.

Does this mean my primary healthcare records have been reviewed by the Army ?

What attachment? I'm interested to see for my role
sorry couldn’t send the attachment on here

Currently
Armoured Engineer is recruited for 3 to 4 times a year. (This is how often basic training is run for your individual role choice)

The more often basic training is run for your role choice, the quicker you maybe able to start basic training
If you want to know how often any other role is recruited for let me know ?

sorry couldn’t send the attachment on here

Currently
Armoured Engineer is recruited for 3 to 4 times a year. (This is how often basic training is run for your individual role choice)

The more often basic training is run for your role choice, the quicker you maybe able to start basic training
I am applying for household cavalry so just wondering how often that is recruited

I am applying for household cavalry so just wondering how often that is recruited
Please bear in mind this Currently so may not be applicable

•Tank Crewman is recruited for monthly . (This is how often basic training is run for your individual role choice)

• Armoured Cavalry Crewman is recruited for monthly. (This is how often basic training is run for your individual role choice)

• Household Cavalry Soldier is recruited for monthly. (This is how often basic training is run for your individual role choice)

• Light Cavalry Crewman is recruited for monthly. (This is how often basic training is run for your individual role choice)

Please bear in mind this Currently so may not be applicable

•Tank Crewman is recruited for monthly . (This is how often basic training is run for your individual role choice)

• Armoured Cavalry Crewman is recruited for monthly. (This is how often basic training is run for your individual role choice)

• Household Cavalry Soldier is recruited for monthly. (This is how often basic training is run for your individual role choice)

• Light Cavalry Crewman is recruited for monthly. (This is how often basic training is run for your individual role choice)

I'm not sure if it something you would know but after phase 1 do you go to riding school first or Covington?

Latest Threads