Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

Hi I was wonder what does a royal engineer driver do as there isn’t a lot about it on the website, and what do they do on a day to day basis thanks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys just a quick question if anyone knows the answer. I have just accepted my Conditional offer of employment to start on the 28th July. Does anyone know how long the final employment checks take to go through as need to start thinking about handing notice in to my current employer.
I had my conditional offer on the 13/03, received my Background check forms on the 15/04, and got my final offer on the 10/05 so all in all looking at about 2 months but its dependant on when your intake is, if its sooner your checks will be prioritised I imagine

Hey, got my selection this week and was wondering if there is a break between the warm up jog and the run? I don't need one but I'm trying to guess at my time. TIA

Hey, got my selection this week and was wondering if there is a break between the warm up jog and the run? I don't need one but I'm trying to guess at my time. TIA
Nope, no breaks, it would be a jog combined with walk. You'll be fine mate, focus on your training and that's it, the rest will come naturally. They will explain the route also, which is quite straight forward. Good Luck!!

Hello Guys,
I have my assessment at lichfield next month. I’ve been looking an the new fitness test recently introduced.

Does anyone know what a good 2 km run time would be ?

Thanks in advance.
Always '10 seconds faster than your PB.

**** the times. It's how many litres of fluid leave your mouth at the end of it as to whether it's a good time or not.

Nope, no breaks, it would be a jog combined with walk. You'll be fine mate, focus on your training and that's it, the rest will come naturally. They will explain the route also, which is quite straight forward. Good Luck!!
Was told at the career office it'd be a 30 second break and then straight into it, so I imagine depending on where you go/who is doing it, it'd range anywhere in between no break to 30 secs

Hey all. I have my Briefing on the 23rd of May (next Thursday) and i have some questions about the assessment centre.
In July i have a lot of planned things going on, such as birthdays, holidays etc. If they suggest the assessment centre for a time during a planned event that i have, am i able to ask for a different date? Also how long after the assessment centre -if i passed- would i be going into basic?
Thanks x

Hey all. I have my Briefing on the 23rd of May (next Thursday) and i have some questions about the assessment centre.
In July i have a lot of planned things going on, such as birthdays, holidays etc. If they suggest the assessment centre for a time during a planned event that i have, am i able to ask for a different date? Also how long after the assessment centre -if i passed- would i be going into basic?
Thanks x
Hello,
Yes, you are able to pick a date that suits your needs. They have speed up the application process considerably. I was asked what time frame I was looking to join within and I responded ‘as soon as possible’. I only had a 4 week wait between my briefing ( first visit to the careers office) to my assessment at Litchfield. To your second question it would be dependent on availability and how well you do at the assessment center and any medical issues. My careers advisor stated that he would be looking to be load me onto my basic training around 8 weeks after my assessment center visit, but of course everything is down to individual availability.

f744fc9e17d56db6bb34d59a72062628.png

I've got my assessment coming up in a few days and received an email from my recruiter stipulating what to bring, etc.
In the attached document it mentions that if you use a UK Driving Licence as a means of identification upon arrival, a paper counterpart must be included that can be printed from the DVLA website. I can't find an option to do this on the DVLA website anywhere so I was wondering if this is actually needed? I should mention, on the Army website ID guide it doesn't mention a paper counterpart anywhere. Just being precautious.

View attachment 393311
I've got my assessment coming up in a few days and received an email from my recruiter stipulating what to bring, etc.
In the attached document it mentions that if you use a UK Driving Licence as a means of identification upon arrival, a paper counterpart must be included that can be printed from the DVLA website. I can't find an option to do this on the DVLA website anywhere so I was wondering if this is actually needed? I should mention, on the Army website ID guide it doesn't mention a paper counterpart anywhere. Just being precautious.
I haven't been given anything to say a paper part of the driving licence is necessary. The paper part of the driving licence got done away with a while ago. Ild give your CSM a call. Would appreciate it if you let me know, if you decide to call.

View attachment 393311
How to Generate your Driving Licence Summary from the DVLA

This might be useful mate. Not totally sure.

Good morning all!

Is anybody done their PRAC this year or schedule one in the near future?

I've been trying to get some info from the army career centre and I feel that I'm chasing my tail, no straight answer and they don't get back with an email or even phone call as discussed previously.

Basically, I would like to know more about PRAC (schedule) rather than an intake for the moment because working almost all week I need to balance my time and get myself sorted with whatever time I've got on my hands.

Cheers!!!

Hi all, Can anyone confirm the correct 2km run time requirement for a junior para at assesment please? I was told 8.15 for all inc juniors, but the website says 11.30 for juniors! Ive been working towards 8.15 but not quite there yet. Thanks

Latest Threads