Regular Question; re "getting out"

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Mongoose, Feb 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, bit of a fastball this one, have to admit my knowledge on regular issues llike this is pretty slim (this is for a friend)

If someone signed on to the OE (Full) with a start date of Jan 2006 (expires Sept 2028), what's the earliest date they can get out? (Is it PVR?)

Cheers for any help

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

APR 2010

3. sign off in 2009 out in 2010 im sorry to say no such thing as PVR for the new boys only us old and bold who enlisted i think it was before 99 (but im sure someone will correct me) can PVR all the people on the new contract have to fo the 4 and a bit years

4. eek, not what they want to hear. Thanks

5. Yep, sign off in Jan 2009 and out 2010, 4 years service.

Should have been made clear on signing on.

6. Quite a few different issues to clear up first.
    1. How old was he on enlistment/is he now. If Under 18 he wouldnt start his four years until his 18th birthday.
    2. What trade is he as if he was over 18 on enlistment then its four years unless he is in a time bar trade where they do it from the time he finished phase 2 trade training.
    3. Is he still in training now?

All this will be on his 271W (copy of contract) that he got at his attestation.

Pm me with a bit more info i might be able to give a bit more info from the recruiting point of view.