Regular Courses

Can members of the TA get on Regular Trade Courses??

Been given conflicting answers from my seniors.

I'm sorry if this topic has been covered previously, but I could not find anything when I did a search.

In a word, yes.

I did one back at the end of last year, and another a few years back.

But don't expect to much from it. Don't forget the regulars don't have much to do on a normal Monday - Friday basis so extend every course from a week to a couple of weeks. You may be better off doing a TA course. Seriously.

You'd be bored. The TA can fit all the necessary stuff into a much shorter time because of being considerably brighter.

You have been given conflicting advice form seniors in the real world and you come here for the definative answer.

You are a mong. Please take yourself to the nearest electricity sub station and collect your frisbee

Yes, TA soldiers can attend regular courses, but it's a unit decision. Generally, the unit will want some benefit from the investment of MTDs, so its probably got to be for a qualification that is useful to the unit (and probably one that is only available on a regular course) and for an individual who has the ability to do well on the course (at least pass!) and have the ability and attendance record which indicates that he/she will actually be able to use the qual back in the unit.

But don't expect to much from it. Don't forget the regulars don't have much to do on a normal Monday - Friday basis so extend every course from a week to a couple of weeks. You may be better off doing a TA course. Seriously.
Not really a bad thing, the last reg course I did we never finished after 1600, loads of coffee breaks, weekend off, 1230 finish on a Friday.

******* lush it was, the last TA course I did before that I hardly even got time to nip to the bogs and crack one off.

P

PrinceAlbert

That's the most dog toffee bullshit I have ever read.

Kill yourself you stab ****.

That's the most dog toffee bullshit I have ever read.

Kill yourself you stab ****.
I think your response with its Wildean wit & elegance probably make the point rather well. Course take longer for Regulars because they need things to be read out to them.

Yours aye

CaptPlume, retired Reg & TA.

Got told that my next course is the All Arms Armourer Course.

I was thinking about seeing if I could get onto the Reg Course, does anyone know if it goes into any more depth?
Or is it just a case of swapping parts and a shed load of paperwork?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
It should be OK as long as:

It's only on a 'fill-up' basis
You unit can afford the MTDs
You are not taking the spot a regular needs