Regular Courses in the TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Eoforwic, Nov 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it possible to get on a regular trade course, but get paid as if it were the TA one so as no to upset the MTD Nazi's / PSAO? Because of TA courses getting binned and there being a lot more regular ones available.
  2. msr

msr LE

So you want 2 weeks pay for a more than 2 week course?

3. Not really, in an ideal world anyone in the TA who has the time should be able to do the regular course. But, there are a lot more reg courses than TA ones, as yet there are no dates for next year, there are reg ones and I just wanted to know, can I go to the PSAO and ask can I do course X please and get paid as if it were the TA one and do the rest as voluntary ( C1? ).

4. There are certain regular course that you can do. The ones that I know of are specific to arm and are a new thing too.
  5. msr

msr LE

You could always make the case. I presume you are independently wealthy...
  6. I'm pretty sure you can do this as some of the guys at our company were offered the chance to do their mortar courses with the regs.
  7. tried to do the advanced bowman sigs course this year was told after 5 months of applying that they dont now load TA pax on there
  8. Isn't BCCS a regular course?

I've 'voluntered' to do it C1. I wouldn't want to, but would if it came to it.
  9. No, just a student. Would just like get the right quals before I graduate, so I can get straight on an op.