Regular CMT

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by the_beer_man, May 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there. Was after a bit of info on the duties of a regular CMT. The main bits I'm wondering about is:

How much soldiering do you do, if any?
    Do you get attatched to an infantry regiment/battalion/coy/platoon/section?
    Can you ask for a specific posting or do you just get attatched where they need you?

Sorry if they're bone questions but my knowledge of the CMT role is limited to TA infantry and we only deal with two types of CMT. RAMC who sit in the rover most of the weekend and infantry types who have a basic CMT qualification.

Many Thanks
    TBM

2. This question is like a red rag to a bull on this forum. Please take the time to search through previous threads and youll find out all you need to know.

3. sorry mate. didnt think about that. not very good with computers.

4. Soldiering depends on what unit your attached too, some med units like to play infantry games all the time whilst others can't be arsed....

You can be attached to the teeth arms as a coy medic etc

You can ask for the posting you want but it generally comes down to where you are needed.

Regular duties of a CMT in a medical unit can range from painting boxes to track bashing with medical work thrown in as an after thought, most of the time is spent checking the kit to make sure that it is serviceable even though it was checked the week previous.

5. CMT's need to be good with computers as if you ever get into a medical centre then you'll spend all your time fixing DMICP.

6. Or drinking brews and ferrying fat wenches about. :wink:

7. To whom would you be refering to as the "Infantry types with basic CMT qualification" Think very carefully on your reply!!.

8. you I think!