regiments that have served in fallingbostel from 1945---

as the co curator of the fallingbostel military museum i thought it would be nice to put together on a board all the badges of the units that have been in fallingbostel germany from 1945 - to date -apart from the norm
acc-rlc-rmp-reme-rtr2-3-5-
what others and when were regiments here..
ive also got the rct -mso 16 tanks-staffords -3 queens- cheshires--coldstreams- qrih-scot dg-r-hussars--can anybody think or know of any others-even the ssos office dont hold records--and when you try google theres about 200000000000 pages of cr-p to pile through .
i will in the future also be adding pics of the growing museum on here so ex fallingbostelers can see what we are up to.thanks in advance for any help

pupgreen said:
as the co curator of the fallingbostel military museum i thought it would be nice to put together on a board all the badges of the units that have been in fallingbostel germany from 1945 - to date -apart from the norm
acc-rlc-rmp-reme-rtr2-3-5-
what others and when were regiments here..
ive also got the rct -mso 16 tanks-staffords -3 queens- cheshires--coldstreams- qrih-scot dg-r-hussars--can anybody think or know of any others-even the ssos office dont hold records--and when you try google theres about 200000000000 pages of cr-p to pile through .
i will in the future also be adding pics of the growing museum on here so ex fallingbostelers can see what we are up to.thanks in advance for any help
The 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards Oct 76 to Feb 80 Lumsden Barracks

42 (Heavy) Regt RA were in St Barbara's Barracks when we arrived in 76 and they were replaced in about 77 ish by 2nd Bn Royal Regiment of Fusiliers

The 17th/21st Lancers were in Wessex Barrack when we arrived in 76 and they were replaced sometime in late 77 by The 1st Bn The Coldstream Guards they were then replaced by their 2nd Bn in late 79

great ive got a re -badge. forgot all about the poor old posties--then again you dont often see them wearing berets..ha

brettarider said:
Not bad mate you still got the white armoured car?
no or the tanks or the guns .but im working on a few new locations for more tanks to sit outside the new museum which is in 2 bn reme bks mb28 down stairs from the hacket club..so far the whole celler is full
militaria .1945-2006.with special rooms for 2 bn reme -fallingbostel pow camps -dup relics ect....ive also got permisson to move the old bunker from wessex bks to the new location--just got to work out how and when now

brettarider said:
any plans to put it on-line D
yes but dont ask me when its taken me months to work this out..im a dinosaur..when we got unicom i was still using crayons....ill get my tecnical expert to sort somthing out...hopfully.

WITH REF TO THE MUSEUM IM ALSO AFTER ANY PHOTOS OF FALLY -PARADES AND THE LIKE THAT SHOW BUILDINGS IN THE BACKGROUND- NOT THE THIRD REICH ONES: FROM THE §RTR PAGE IVE ALREADY GOT THOSE BUT ANY FROM THE 50 s 60s 70s 80s---again any help most appreciated and you will be famous and end up on the wall in the museum with the other military relics....

pupgreen said:
super now im rolling didnt know about 17-21 lancers here excellent thanksguys
3RTR were in Lumsden up to Oct 76 and Royal Hussars took over from 4/7 in Feb 1980

if you could see me now you would realise im worse,,,,
mind you thats what sons are for ..fix--send that ect..

cheers rodger out got 3rtr. -and iwas here at ssme time as royal hussars
what im afteris dark ages stuff ..50s-60s--must be some pad brats out there some where who were in fally.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chiefwiggum The Intelligence Cell 1
B Infantry 46
N Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 83