Regiments on tours

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by 307, May 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 307

307 War Hero

Alright fellas I am TA artillery and fancy goign on FTRS for a tour. so was wondering if anyone knew of any regiments due to go on a tour this year, preferably beginning around july or august? Just as a heads up before speaking to my Captain. As an extra question, anyone from 40, is the Afghanistan tour true?

2. 307

307 War Hero

no takers except for the PM then?

3. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Its an OPSEC thing :wink:

4. I am sure one of your units PSI could point you in the right direction.

5. Like the TA forum?

6. 307

307 War Hero

No mate, not the TA forum as it isnt a TA unit I'd be attached to. What's the point in asking fellow stabs what regular arty units are going on tours? As chances are they will know the square route of sweet FA. Yeah, the info is all on the comp system at work just need to have 5 mins with the boss to sort it oot, it's also meant to be available over armyNET...pah, awards my arrse.

7. At the end of the day your PSI's will be able to find out easily who is going where next. I know that the official system can be pretty pants at times when it comes to finding out things; however, if you don't ask you don't get. If you are a gunner, send a email to the RA Webmaster to get the info - surely HQ DRA will know!

8. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Like i said its mainly an OPSEC thing regarding the lack of information of the future rotation of units being posted on this site. As BP said ask your PSIs for the information you require. The RA webmaster would not give you the information on future deployments on the internet either.

9. 307

307 War Hero

I totally understand the opsec side of it, therefore this thread may as well be deleted I will go down the official route and my see some of you in the future somewhere sandy.

10. Been there, done it, bring on the next place!

11. 307

Unfortunately the days of having a few terriers along to assist on ops are gone. The whole augmentation process has to be done through the official mobilisation cell (Chillwell?). You'd be better off getting in touch with them to find out what FTRS vacancies they are trying to fill.

UQFEGD

12. 307

307 War Hero

I know it all has to be done through Chilwell and official like now mate, but they insist you go through your local unit chain of command so that's what I'll be doing. Had a look online at FTRS employments though and it claimed all full time foreign commitments had been cancelled until the next financial year? Can't be right so we'll see what the boss comes up with.