Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - I have one

• No - I don't have one and never will

• Total voters
Gay/Waltish/For 18 Year olds who are now big rufty tufty soldiers

Classy/Nails/Proves your better than a gay civvy called Leonard

Not getting one just watched Miami/LA ink and it got me thinking of different Tats i've seen over the years.

I have a tatt that I got while in. I regret it now. Never go out with the boys while your the nig...You end up with piglet (from Winnie the pooh) tattooed on your arrse.

Ended up with one whist on adventure training in Newquay, although, not an Army/Regt one.

Obviously while pissed :oops:

My father had one, my grandfather had alot, and so did my geat grandfather. Of course its not big or clever but I still had two. Do I regret it - of course not, I'm in the f**king Army, when did maturity and sensibility ever come into it! get a fu88ing life and enjoy it :D

My uncle was in the Navy. He has the anchor and HMS whatever on the arm.

Other uncle has the Para Cap Badge and wings (Yes he was Para regt and didn't just wear the smock).

Me, dad, grandads, many other uncles. Nope.

I have 'Spread For Sump Drain Access' across my boutocks. Last time I go on the pop with the AAC! I was thinking of having 'Place No Tattoo Here' across my chest to balance it out.

My old fella spent did most of his service in the far east. He was covered in hand done chinese tatoos. I thought he looked a right cunt when I was a kid. When I landed out there myself though and went out on the lash it didn't take long before I found myself in a filthy tatoo shop having similar stuff hand done.

I think they put something in the beer in Hong Kong!

cernunnos said:
My old fella spent did most of his service in the far east. He was covered in hand done chinese tatoos. I thought he looked a right * when I was a kid. When I landed out there myself though and went out on the lash it didn't take long before I found myself in a filthy tatoo shop having similar stuff hand done.

I think they put something in the beer in Hong Kong!
Yeah, Ink!

G

Goku

We had a chap join us (REME TA) who on passing his CMS decided it would be a good idea to get the REME capbadge tattooed completely across his forearm.
On phase 2 training he managed to get himself RTU’d after being too pissed from the night before to stand up straight on parade and swamping the bed twice :D
He then decided REME wasn’t for him so he transferred over to an infantry unit, bet he looks pretty silly during the summer with his new coy :D

yeah got mine on my first run ashore , got the usual, bull dog flag / blood group, snake and dagger didnt get the swallow on the neck , or the spidersweb on the elbows thank f-ck

I served in a TA sigs unit and recruited a heavily tattoed former ACC civ div work mate, whose nickname was Taz on account of two Tasmanian Devil tattoos on his forearms. Imagine my surprise that he suddenly had been a sniper and badged SF, hence his nice winged dagger tat on his shoulder blade. Strange that he didn't come back and left civ job a couple of weeks later.

Paras seem to have some sort of rite of passage with them, wings, totem pole back pieces etc, My uncle did malaysia and is covered in them, Ive seen a couple of capbadge/unit insignia ones with tours listed under them that look good.

Some people love them some people hate them, if you get one , hope that your stickman doesnt fall into the later!

In my opinion, you should really be in a few years before you get one. Don't the Paras have their own rules on this?

The best one I heard was about the brother of a friend of mine. The bloke was in the Merchant Navy and was on the piss in Singapore about 20 or so years ago. Being a jock, he decided to have a thistle tattooed on his upper arm with "Scotland" beneath it.

The tattooist, being singaporean, had never seen a thistle, so this my mate's brother described what he wanted as only a pissed up jock can do.

So he now has a stunning tattoo of a pineapple.

Blood groups where all the rage when I was a sprog. Best one I saw said "100% proof"

Strange thing is my brother had his done as well (Para), his blood group is different to mine, is this possible or has mum neglected to tell us something?

A bloke I joined the RAOC with in 1981, decided, in his wisdom, to have a set of para wings embossed on his upper arm, with the word, misspelt, AIRBOURNE, underneath. To make it much worse, he was a pasty faced ferret boy, weighed about 8 stone sopping wet. His arms were so skinny, the wings wrapped around his arm and almost touched!! He had more chance of becoming HMQ than passing P Coy!

I often wondered how long he survived, before being kicked to death following a 'conversation' with one of our winged colleagues from the 'Shot.