Regimental Stories

Awesome.... what a great series from the BBC.

Pity that the only people in the Parachute Regiment able to wear their capbadges correctly are the 'old boys'. Even RI's are teaching Nigs to wear it on the left side of the head over their ears!!!

Are the Para's..... British or French?

Since when has the centre of the capbadge over the centre of the left eye changed. RSM..... get a grip.

Bloody hooligans, the lot of you. Even HRH PoW wears it correctly!

I still agree with the statement that there are only 2 things that drop out of the sky, and both are closely related!

If you want to be obsessed about their capbadge, then join the paras and earn the beret, badge and wings yourself. Otherwise why on earth should they even listen to you. It has become their regimental style, so it isn't your business.

Has it happens, the programme was pretty good but at only half an hour long, the makers would have to cut out loads of interesting stuff.

Oh dear, the 'Regimental Style' issue comes out. Predictable. And by the way I did do P-Company, and I passed, and I ALWAYS wore my capbadge correctly.

I am not a Frenchman, and I never played the 'We want to be different' card. You don't need the capbadge on the side of your head for everyone to know that!

Oh dear, the 'Regimental Style' issue comes out. Predictable. And by the way I did do P-Company, and I passed, and I ALWAYS wore my capbadge correctly.

I am not a Frenchman, and I never played the 'We want to be different' card. You don't need the capbadge on the side of your head for everyone to know that!
You slapped him down, not just slapped him, biatch slapped him!

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer

So what you were is a stinking hat who passed a 3 week course, which gives you no ground whatsoever to gob off about how parachute regiment soldiers wear their headdress.

Most of the toms you saw on that programme have probably spent more time in contact than you spent in the scoff house, and just for the record I'm a para reg SNCO and my beret is like that and so are 99% of the blokes in my plt.

Why don't you get a life and stop complaining about something which doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.

Why don't you get a life and stop complaining about something which doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.
Why do it then? Seriously, why do it? Would you wear your wings anywhere else other than where the army tells you to? I think not. So why wear your headress like either a. a flat cap, or b. a Parisian tart!

It's the slippery slope to the swimcap like and naked man-love Friday...

View attachment 51459

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Awesome.... what a great series from the BBC.

Pity that the only people in the Parachute Regiment able to wear their capbadges correctly are the 'old boys'. Even RI's are teaching Nigs to wear it on the left side of the head over their ears!!!

Are the Para's..... British or French?

Since when has the centre of the capbadge over the centre of the left eye changed. RSM..... get a grip.

Bloody hooligans, the lot of you. Even HRH PoW wears it correctly!

I still agree with the statement that there are only 2 things that drop out of the sky, and both are closely related!
The few seen wearing them at Arnhem wore them correctly; but they were mostly Infantrymen converted.

So you were a boring bastard then?

Tell you what, get on to the program makers and to the BBC and have them broadcast an appolgy for this cap badge heresy. I'm sure they'll be only to pleased to address this highly important issue. [That bit was just mean to be a bit sarky, you understand.]

That's almost as childish as 'Because', well done you. It's great to see which orders and instructions people choose to follow and ignor. I can't wait til bearskins are worn at jaunty angles... oh, that would never happen...

Oh I'm sorry, do dress codes not apply to Para's? Are they a Law unto themselves? Does Pirbright know of this?

Stinking Hat..... what a feeble attempt at an insult. And for the records.... 99% of your plt are wearing their cap badge incorrectly. As an SNCO you'd best be letting them know then!

I can't be arsed arguing....
Yeah, hard to do so when the book says you're wrong and your defence makes you look like a 'hat' sweating off the double pie and tripple chips...

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
Oh I'm sorry, do dress codes not apply to Para's? Are they a Law unto themselves? Does Pirbright know of this?

Stinking Hat..... what a feeble attempt at an insult. And for the records.... 99% of your plt are wearing their cap badge incorrectly. As an SNCO you'd best be letting them know then!
Why would pirbright need to be aware of this?

I have more respect for my blokes than to spend all day picking them up for berets that may offend a nobody, I'd much rather spend my time picking them up for their soldiering skills..... You know the little things that might keep them alive in a firefight.

Why would pirbright need to be aware of this?

I have more respect for my blokes than to spend all day picking them up for berets that may offend a nobody, I'd much rather spend my time picking them up for their soldiering skills..... You know the little things that might keep them alive in a firefight.
Well, if they can't be trusted with the unimportant, how can they be trusted with the basics? Do they get a choice whether to clean there weapons?

I can't be arsed arguing....
The voice of reason. Decent enough programme if a little short.

As a crap hat who is reminded of his crap hatted-ness by his own own father regularly I can whole heartedly say I couldn't give two fucks where the Paras wear their capbadges.

Why would pirbright r need to be aware of this?

I feel you might have missed the point, and a most definite 'important' point. Correct dress is as important as drill, weapons handling and washing your nuts. As an SNCO you surely know this. This is all about keeping your guys alive. Let the standards slip and the discipline (and more importantly) the moral buggers off out of the window. All this because you feel it is important to wear your cap badge contary to Army norms.

Then again, I was never a member of Fred Karnos Circus so I bow down to your superior knowledge.

By the way... you may be a SNCO, but I've done more time than you stood in the NAAFI queue.

I think if you two (?) blokes are going to get all upset about where people have their capbadge you're going to be like it for any programme about the army on the box for the past 30 years. If I was a dangler I'd be more pissed off that the regi donkey got a bigger mention than the Falklands.