Regimental reputations/stereotypes?

#1
First post (go easy on me!) from a PO looking at the RAC and I was wondering what reputations the different armoured regiments have.

Who's known as being what, and is there any truth to the stereotypes?

Cheers,
ND
 

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
#3
Stock reply:

"The best regiment is the one you join. FACT."

Unless it's the 9/12L obviously lol.
 
#4
Don't get me started on vulgar fractions!
 

Tankie2ndrtr

Old-Salt
Kit Reviewer
#5
Well i am a Tankie so of course i will say RTR. However you may have to look at things like: Do you wanna ride a donkey ?... Do you have a 2nd income ?... (is this a myth ?) Do you have a fondness for very tight and vulgar coloured trousers?. If so then a life as a Cavalry Officer may suit you. As far as reputations go, I would say no one has a bad one.....Except the KRH.... but i wont get into abusing my Neighbors. My brother in Law is QDG and if i was to recomend a recce regiment i would say them.
 
#7
I'd say 11Hussars but sadly I am 40 years too late,so go for KRH.
 
#8
AlienFTM said:
Stock reply:

"The best regiment is the one you join. FACT."

Unless it's the 9/12L obviously lol.
So very true
 

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
#9
Detonator said:
spank_the_monkey_to_death said:
Opening shot....9/12th Lancers...thats enough said! :D
Cuz they're the recce regt?
They are A recce regt (one of five). 9/12L will tell you they are THE Recce Regt (and everyone else will flame them). As an ex-15/19H, I am bound to tell you the LD (formed as far as I could tell at the recent reunion by 15/19H changing their name and taking on a few 13/18H) are THE Recce Regt.

Any Welshman will tell QDG are THE Recce Regt, but they forget to add, "for sheepshaggers."

Can't remember which of the new currency regiments make up the other two recce regts, but I refer you to my previous post. Whichever one you join will be the best.
 

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
#12
elovabloke said:
soprano54 said:
.......Neil! :D
I know he's well written and works for IBM but treating him like royalty is a bit much :queen:
No, no, if he feels obliged, who am I to stop him?
 
#13
Tankie2ndrtr said:
Well i am a Tankie so of course i will say RTR. However you may have to look at things like: Do you wanna ride a donkey ?... Do you have a 2nd income ?... (is this a myth ?) Do you have a fondness for very tight and vulgar coloured trousers?. If so then a life as a Cavalry Officer may suit you. As far as reputations go, I would say no one has a bad one.....Except the KRH.... but i wont get into abusing my Neighbors. My brother in Law is QDG and if i was to recomend a recce regiment i would say them.
1. Like many unwanted vulgar, council type neighbours, you were placed next door and not asked for.

2. The sub title to this forum reads "Style Panache - red trousers". All of which the KRH posess, were it to say bitter, junior, poor cousin.............
 

elovabloke

ADC
Moderator
#14
wayner1970 said:
2. The sub title to this forum reads "Style Panache - red trousers". All of which the KRH posess, were it to say bitter, junior, poor cousin.............
Yes yes, we know it would say 9/12L but we already have a thread for them.

Or all Donkey Wallopers in Here - but TF they have moved on.
 
#15
Try 1PWRR
 
#17
elovabloke said:
wayner1970 said:
2. The sub title to this forum reads "Style Panache - red trousers". All of which the KRH posess, were it to say bitter, junior, poor cousin.............
Yes yes, we know it would say 9/12L but we already have a thread for them.

Or all Donkey Wallopers in Here - but TF they have moved on.
Fair Comment :D
 
#18
WTF! Of course the stereotypes are true , otherwise they would not be stereotypes. Two main catagories - Fat Tankies and Recce. If you don't like getting wet and carrying bergans go Fat Tanks. If you are crap at playing PS2 and wish to be operationally relevant look at Recce.
Fatties:
RTR - Down to earth, very professional, cool outfits, very occasional chip.
QRH - Barking, crazy uniform, Champers guzzlers, good fun - dangerously Irish.
KRH - Varied officers' mess from very professional to maniac. Rubbish trousers.
RDG - 19th Century Liaison Officers. In a different world. Must be an alcoholic. Standby for crazy mess bills.
Scots DG - Nice Blokes, old school. Insular Officers' Mess. Very posh.

Recce:
912 Reccon - Believe the hype. Very odd bunch. A bit like South Africans.. you've never met a nice one!
LD - Nice Chaps, stuck in Norfolk, strange things happen there. Not always gifted cerebly.
QDG - Weird Officers. No one really knows what to make of them.
QRL - Best capbadge/ motto in the Army. If you like Nazi programmes on Discovery channel then this is the place for you.
HCR - Horses for courses! Check their operational record for the last 15 years. Remarkably down-to-earth.

Most importantly nobody's opinion counts but your own. The view of the above Regts is reflective of their Officers. In my experience the majority of RAC soldiers are awesome, even the miserable jocks bbut most of them could do with getting to the gym!
 
#19
hairymonster1006 said:
could do with getting to the gym!
I'm sorry but it gets in the way of good bar time. And thats not how you spell Gym, I know because Jim's Bar & Jim's Happy Eater are well frequented establishments. 8)
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr Royal Signals 14
msr Army Reserve 4
Flyingrockdj RAC 173

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top