Regimental reputations/stereotypes?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by NewbishDelight, Sep 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First post (go easy on me!) from a PO looking at the RAC and I was wondering what reputations the different armoured regiments have.

Who's known as being what, and is there any truth to the stereotypes?

Cheers,
    ND

2. Opening shot....9/12th Lancers...thats enough said! :D

3. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Stock reply:

"The best regiment is the one you join. FACT."

Unless it's the 9/12L obviously lol.

4. Don't get me started on vulgar fractions!

5. Tankie2ndrtr

Tankie2ndrtr Old-Salt Reviewer

Well i am a Tankie so of course i will say RTR. However you may have to look at things like: Do you wanna ride a donkey ?... Do you have a 2nd income ?... (is this a myth ?) Do you have a fondness for very tight and vulgar coloured trousers?. If so then a life as a Cavalry Officer may suit you. As far as reputations go, I would say no one has a bad one.....Except the KRH.... but i wont get into abusing my Neighbors. My brother in Law is QDG and if i was to recomend a recce regiment i would say them.

6. Cuz they're the recce regt?

7. I'd say 11Hussars but sadly I am 40 years too late,so go for KRH.

8. So very true

9. AlienFTM

They are A recce regt (one of five). 9/12L will tell you they are THE Recce Regt (and everyone else will flame them). As an ex-15/19H, I am bound to tell you the LD (formed as far as I could tell at the recent reunion by 15/19H changing their name and taking on a few 13/18H) are THE Recce Regt.

Any Welshman will tell QDG are THE Recce Regt, but they forget to add, "for sheepshaggers."

Can't remember which of the new currency regiments make up the other two recce regts, but I refer you to my previous post. Whichever one you join will be the best.

10. QRL and HCR..................Neil! :D

11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I know he's well written and works for IBM but treating him like royalty is a bit much :queen:

12. AlienFTM

No, no, if he feels obliged, who am I to stop him?

13. 1. Like many unwanted vulgar, council type neighbours, you were placed next door and not asked for.

2. The sub title to this forum reads "Style Panache - red trousers". All of which the KRH posess, were it to say bitter, junior, poor cousin.............

14. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Yes yes, we know it would say 9/12L but we already have a thread for them.

Or all Donkey Wallopers in Here - but TF they have moved on.

15. Try 1PWRR