Regimental old Comrade Sites

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by scarletto, Jul 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After reading through an odd dozen or so posts i was struck by the openness on this site, compared to my Regts oldboys site, when i first went on it, one of the guys who was fairly promenent on it was a guy who had been a bit of a character in my squadron, to just give one escapade of his, he woke me up at 1am trying to sell a empty bucket, after telling him to fcuk off, he came back an hour later after being sick and shiting into bucket, so still telling him to F off, he went next door and poured it over head of a guy he didnt like.

However on my old comrades site when i started talking to him, i got a long email saying how he now had a position of some importance, a family man etc etc blah blah, and please dont mention the past, now i noticed one or two others doing this too, a case of forgetting the past or stuck up their own arrse??

So why doesnt it happen on here, why do regimental sites turn into tea partys?

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

OK so you don't like buckets?

Would you like to but a Fire Engine instead?
    It's a shiny red one!

3. No, rather have a green one, was easier to hide in the trees

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Scarletto,

Please don't confuse Regimental Association sites and Arrse.

The Regimental sites are open and are a method of sustaining the good name of that Regiment while maintaining contact with former members. What someone did as a young 20 year old singlie is not what they would be doing as an older, more responsible and possibly married with family member and I can fully understand why someone would not like the past dragged up in an embarrasing manner.

Arrse on the other hand is anonymous (as it can be) and PERSEC is extremely important. Stories can be told but where possible the offending squaddie cannot and should not be identified. (Reputation is not a major issue except in cross forum banter)

These are two completely differing sets of ethos please recognise them as such and treat accordingly.

Regards

AY