ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Regimental medals

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by hellweg, Oct 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You were right the first time - walty as you like.

2. You love your bling don't you hellweg? sad...

3. I wouldn't wear them to a fancy dress party - even if I was going as a cnut!!

4. If I saw somebody wearing one of those, I think i'd be more than tempted to set fire to them. Total shoite.

5. You could wear a Regimental tie instead - much cheaper too.
    You've just won yourself another one you can wear with modest pride - Arise sir Walter

Attached Files:

6. Could be good for cadets? lol Then again..............

7. I personally wouldn't wear one (even though I did see if they done my old corps) but if you had a kid who wanted to stand next to his old man / woman then they could be good to include them into the whole rememberance thing and regimental pride. Stick to regimental tie, medals or veterans badge and maybe a regimental pin if not wearing beret.

8. ANY medal you have to buy is Walty therefore anyone who wears one is a Walt. There are no excuses. It personally grips my sh*t when I see veterans on parade wearing walty bling medals. Last year at my local remembrance parade I saw an individual on parade be-decked in 4 or 5 walty bling medals. he was also sporting a veterans badge so he was a genuine veteran. There can only be one intention of this individual and that is to big it up in front of a crowd. Totally disrespectful and unnecessary.

9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Waltier than a walty thing.

Anyone wearing one of them to blag non-existant service should be prosecuted, especially at this time of year.

10. Waltier than:

Walter Walt
    1 Walt Street
    Waltington
    Waltville
    Waltshire
    Waltland
    WA1 TER

:D

11. What would be nice, and would cost the government virtually nothing (in fact, it could even produce a profit) would be to make it illegal to wear medals contrary to entiltlement, in much the same way that the Uniforms Act 1894 does:

Something for the Queen's speech Mr A?

12. These gongs are utter shite.

13. Maybe if you could get them with a gay rainbow ribbon they would make a suitable comedy gift for an unloved one on retirement. But otherwise total toss. I assume they won't spend alot of time checking customers service records before pocketing the cash and sending them out. As said above, buy a regimental tie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.