Regimental medals

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by hellweg, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You were right the first time - walty as you like.

2. You love your bling don't you hellweg? sad...

3. I wouldn't wear them to a fancy dress party - even if I was going as a cnut!!

4. If I saw somebody wearing one of those, I think i'd be more than tempted to set fire to them. Total shoite.

5. You could wear a Regimental tie instead - much cheaper too.
    You've just won yourself another one you can wear with modest pride - Arise sir Walter

Attached Files:

6. Could be good for cadets? lol Then again..............

7. I personally wouldn't wear one (even though I did see if they done my old corps) but if you had a kid who wanted to stand next to his old man / woman then they could be good to include them into the whole rememberance thing and regimental pride. Stick to regimental tie, medals or veterans badge and maybe a regimental pin if not wearing beret.

8. ANY medal you have to buy is Walty therefore anyone who wears one is a Walt. There are no excuses. It personally grips my sh*t when I see veterans on parade wearing walty bling medals. Last year at my local remembrance parade I saw an individual on parade be-decked in 4 or 5 walty bling medals. he was also sporting a veterans badge so he was a genuine veteran. There can only be one intention of this individual and that is to big it up in front of a crowd. Totally disrespectful and unnecessary.

9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Waltier than a walty thing.

Anyone wearing one of them to blag non-existant service should be prosecuted, especially at this time of year.

10. Waltier than:

Walter Walt
    1 Walt Street
    Waltington
    Waltville
    Waltshire
    Waltland
    WA1 TER

:D

11. What would be nice, and would cost the government virtually nothing (in fact, it could even produce a profit) would be to make it illegal to wear medals contrary to entiltlement, in much the same way that the Uniforms Act 1894 does:

Something for the Queen's speech Mr A?

12. These gongs are utter shite.

13. Maybe if you could get them with a gay rainbow ribbon they would make a suitable comedy gift for an unloved one on retirement. But otherwise total toss. I assume they won't spend alot of time checking customers service records before pocketing the cash and sending them out. As said above, buy a regimental tie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.