Regimental medals - smart or walty ?

Walt. No other answer possible.

Maybe they wouldn't be bad as a sort of novelty item, but with the ribbons in the corresponding stable-belt colours. However, I can't imagine anybody actually wanting to wear one.

MsG

I bet they sell out of the Para Reg ones a long time before they flog any Catering Corps ones.

Although I'd love to see the expression on some RSMs face when some sprog gets conned into putting one on his 2's

Just another rip off firm making money from wannabees and walts, bet they sell a shiload of para ones.

Surely you shouldn't have one unless you have actually served in the Forces - and yes i guess they will sell more para then catering corp or what ever they are called in this day and age

Sgt. Slingsby might get away with one, but for everyone else why would you need a medal to remind you that you're in the Army? They even say the medals are not for wear alongside campaign medals.

Can't see why anyone would want to actually be seen wearing one. Regimental/Corps ties show what you were in and many vets wear a beret with badge at Remembrance Day parades etc.

Re display, well we have plaques and statuettes etc. Not my thing but if it floats your boat, hey-ho!

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Contemptible and pathetic, like all other pseudo-military 'bought' bling. For the inadequate only.

mac_uk said:
I bet they sell out of the Para Reg ones a long time before they flog any Catering Corps ones.

Although I'd love to see the expression on some RSMs face when some sprog gets conned into putting one on his 2's
Probaly sell more ACC ones than RLC due the fact that they aren't made of chocolate, so you fat feckers can't eat them when the NAAFI has run out of pies :lol:

saintstone said:
mac_uk said:

Probaly sell more ACC ones than RLC due the fact that they aren't made of chocolate, so you fat feckers can't eat them when the NAAFI has run out of pies :lol:
Don't worry mate, if you can't get one of these medals cos all the ACC ones have sold out then I'm sure you'll be able to get a nice shiny red laboon with a slop jockey badge on it :wink:

mac_uk said:
saintstone said:
mac_uk said:

Don't worry mate, if you can't get one of these medals cos all the ACC ones have sold out then I'm sure you'll be able to get a nice shiny red laboon with a slop jockey badge on it :wink:
Well, I do have the ice cream at home, sorry did have :D But then the ACC ones would sell out, cos the RLC "chefs" would rther have one of them than a RLC one to give them some kind of identity :wink:

Royal Navy, Army "crossed swords", Royal Air Force, Royal Marines, Royal Artillery, Royal Army Service Corps, Royal Engineers, REME, Royal Signals, Army Catering Corps, Light Infantry, Parachute Regiment, Royal Army Medical Corps, Royal Army Ordnance Corps, Royal Army Pay Corps, Royal Corps of Transport, Royal Military Police, Royal Tank Regiment & RAF Regiment.
Notice how they have no Infantry Regts there, except merged. And also the RCT.

Juat out of idle curiosity, which Regt medal are you thinking of purchasing? Or are you, as yet, undecided??????

:p

yellowhandbag said:
Dont think they should be worn but would make a nice addition to a display cabinet - no abuse please fellow arres
Sorry to ask but what is your commercial interest in this? Being called a Walt by your "fellow arrsers" doesn't seem to have put you off which says to me you haven't served.

You then, a proper walt...??

Ugh 8O

In about 1990, The Queen's Regiment instituted the "Regimental Meritorious Medal" which had the Queen's Regiment capbadge surrounded by a laurel wreath with a ribbon in the regimental colours of Oxford Blue, Gold and Silver. It was a handsome medal and was awarded to members of the regiment to recognise meritorious service or some significant contribution to the Queen's Regiment. It was authorised to be worn beneath the official medals on the left breast and IMHO was infinately preferable to receiving a certficate or some other commemorative device. Sadly, only about 20 were ever awarded before the Queen's Regiment amalgamated with the Hampshire's to form the PWRR in 1992.