Regimental medals - smart or walty ?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by yellowhandbag, May 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Walt. No other answer possible.

2. What he said!

3. If you have to ask

4. Maybe they wouldn't be bad as a sort of novelty item, but with the ribbons in the corresponding stable-belt colours. However, I can't imagine anybody actually wanting to wear one.

MsG

5. I bet they sell out of the Para Reg ones a long time before they flog any Catering Corps ones.

Although I'd love to see the expression on some RSMs face when some sprog gets conned into putting one on his 2's

6. Dont think they should be worn but would make a nice addition to a display cabinet - no abuse please fellow arres

7. Just another rip off firm making money from wannabees and walts, bet they sell a shiload of para ones.

8. Surely you shouldn't have one unless you have actually served in the Forces - and yes i guess they will sell more para then catering corp or what ever they are called in this day and age

9. Sgt. Slingsby might get away with one, but for everyone else why would you need a medal to remind you that you're in the Army? They even say the medals are not for wear alongside campaign medals.

10. Can't see why anyone would want to actually be seen wearing one. Regimental/Corps ties show what you were in and many vets wear a beret with badge at Remembrance Day parades etc.

Re display, well we have plaques and statuettes etc. Not my thing but if it floats your boat, hey-ho!

11. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Contemptible and pathetic, like all other pseudo-military 'bought' bling. For the inadequate only.

12. Probaly sell more ACC ones than RLC due the fact that they aren't made of chocolate, so you fat feckers can't eat them when the NAAFI has run out of pies :lol:

13. Don't worry mate, if you can't get one of these medals cos all the ACC ones have sold out then I'm sure you'll be able to get a nice shiny red laboon with a slop jockey badge on it :wink: