Regimental Mascots. Goats, Sheep, horses, but CHILDREN?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by 2/51, Sep 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found this on a rather interesting Belfast newspaper website when looking through photos of the troubles.

Belfast Telegraph Photosales Troubles 1970 - 3680

A 3 year old child as mascot...shipped over to Northern Ireland in 1970!

Is this the most bizarre mascot of all times?

2. Not a mascot, just one of the Highland Div's 'poisoned dwarfs' brought out of storage after the Cameronians disbanded!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Interesting hand action there Sgt.

4. Its no the Highland Div Ya Bam, Its a Grotty Scotty I recon its Auld yin on his first tour

5. How sweet, an apprentice "Jimmy, Jimmy, ****,****"!! just wondering how many schools he has smashed up and fights he has been involved in.

6. I just heard he went on to be one half of the Crankies ;)

7. He aint no Jimmy he's probably fae portebellae likes eh!! ya raj ye.

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Actually that was my first tour, with that wonderful and very old, esteemed Regiment, The First of Foot.

I vaguely remenber seeing that picture and iirc then the lad was squaddy daft and loved being a soldier. Now he was perfectly safe as our Regiment was not full of pervs, like the ones who will no doubt leave their less than funny remarks.

It was also the time when life was easier and most stuff coming our way from Paddy was bricks or the odd Petrol bomb.
    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. You should have a look through that website...hundreds of photos, might even spot yerself.