regimental headress

in the latest Officer magazine, the OC of Blenheim Coy RMAS, Royal Irish, appears to be wearing a blue beret...or, is it green and just not reproduced very well????

my eyes are old, my nose is knackered etc etc

R IRISH seem to wear both the Caubeen and the Beret- at least a guy in my Coy did, but he was Home Service.

No, a Glengarry is much better.

Line Infantry at one time all wore the Glengarry, not just the Scots. It should be made a requirement again under FIS

Could any Scottish officer please describe how to wear a balmoral. Pictures always seem inconclusive, should it be worn forward, like a beret, or sort of half and half, with a bit of the brim pushing forward front left?

barbarasson said:
Could any Scottish officer please describe how to wear a balmoral. Pictures always seem inconclusive, should it be worn forward, like a beret, or sort of half and half, with a bit of the brim pushing forward front left?
Inconclusive pictures? It should be quite clear it isn't worn as a beret

I don't really understand your description.

Badge/cockade is worn over left temple, top edge is pulled forward and to the right eye usually. Toorie should be centred at the top.

Not like a beret with badge over left eye and pulled to right side. (yes that's a simplistic description)

Cynical-Subbie said:
R IRISH seem to wear both the Caubeen and the Beret- at least a guy in my Coy did, but he was Home Service.
The Liverpool Irish wear a Green Caubeen with a Royal Artillery capbadge on the right temple with a blue and red hackle, and the normal RA blue beret (when forced to!)

IdeasFactory said:
Does anyone else miss side-caps?

IF
Some Regts still wear them (we do and we are English Line Infantry as well).

IdeasFactory said:
Does anyone else miss side-caps?

IF
Never had one but I can certainly see their advantages over the beret.

So much more comfortable; none of that flipping shaping and moulding b*llocks.

Bring 'em back.

Bl**dy hell, I'm starting to sound like an old fart.

IF

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr Royal Signals 14
msr Army Reserve 4
Flyingrockdj RAC 173