Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regimental Choices

I am a female and I am considering the HHC. I am getting so many different conflicting views on this, especially from the recruitment team (one didn't even know that women were allowed to join the HCAV).
So bluntly, are women at a disadvantage in what is considered, up to now, a male bastion? As a regular soldier am I likely to spend all my time polishing Officers kit as well as my own? It's one thing women being allowed in, doesn't mean they will accept it..

All comments and advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Despite outward appearances the Army is now very accepting of all regardless of sex, race, religion etc. This then leaves it all down to you, go in with a good attitude, work hard and you’ll reap the rewards and have a very fulfilling career.

Make sure you are exceptionally fit (physical, not looks) and prepared to muck in even the crappiest jobs and you will do fine. Just remember you start at the bottom like everyone else and it will all seem pants.

Good luck.

offog

LE
When did it change?
Are you confusing Kings Troop RHA with HCAV?

Despite outward appearances the Army is now very accepting of all regardless of sex, race, religion etc. This then leaves it all down to you, go in with a good attitude, work hard and you’ll reap the rewards and have a very fulfilling career.

Make sure you are exceptionally fit (physical, not looks) and prepared to muck in even the crappiest jobs and you will do fine. Just remember you start at the bottom like everyone else and it will all seem pants.

Good luck.

Thanks! This was and has always been my intention, however after speaking to people in the Army (not in the HCAV mind you) they seemed to be under the impression that being a female in the HHC will not allow you to progress and you’ll get the shit jobs. Like you said, assume thats all over though regardless of sex.

Thanks though! Appreciate it

Thanks! This was and has always been my intention, however after speaking to people in the Army (not in the HCAV mind you) they seemed to be under the impression that being a female in the HHC will not allow you to progress and you’ll get the shit jobs. Like you said, assume thats all over though regardless of sex.

Thanks though! Appreciate it

That’s simply not true. You are rated on your performance and you are in competition with others of the same rank.

In my experience, women in the Army fall into two categories, either they are useless, lazy, whine a lot a pull the sexist card at every opportunity or they are the other end of the scale, digging out blind, proving themselves day in day out and more often than not, showing themselves to be far better than the blokes.

If you want HCAV, go and join them, if it’s crap for you then transfer.

That’s simply not true. You are rated on your performance and you are in competition with others of the same rank.

In my experience, women in the Army fall into two categories, either they are useless, lazy, whine a lot a pull the sexist card at every opportunity or they are the other end of the scale, digging out blind, proving themselves day in day out and more often than not, showing themselves to be far better than the blokes.

If you want HCAV, go and join them, if it’s crap for you then transfer.

You didn’t find any that fell somewhere between those 2 extremes that you describe?

Dizzee367

Old-Salt
I'm currently in Phase 2 training at Bovington and since being here I have seen 1 or 2 females pass out going to HCav. While I was at Pirbright there was a few girls there joining the HCav too, if it's what you want to do then go for it.

I'm currently in Phase 2 training at Bovington and since being here I have seen 1 or 2 females pass out going to HCav. While I was at Pirbright there was a few girls there joining the HCav too, if it's what you want to do then go for it.
Oh cool! Thanks a lot :)

Latest Threads