Regimental Choices?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by SebaSmith, Jul 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay chaps have a quick question for you, basically I rushed my intial "interest" form and choose regiments i had heard of, but missed out one I wanted as badly as my main choices.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I have completed my briefing and handed in all paperwork for my main board, which shall be late September. Is there any chance I could still express interest with commisioning with a regiment I have not listed thus far. I have used three of my choices?

Any help or answers would be appreciated :thumright:

2. Yes, if you are still sponsored by your ACA you just need to contact them and arrange a familiarisation visit with your desired regiment/regiments. If all goes to plan you'll be offered sponsorship with them instead of your ACA so shouldn't matter too much about what was put on your form. You have until the first few weeks from starting at Sandhurst to declare your preferred regiments, and then will have the Regimental Selection Board toward the end of Sandhurst. Therefore nothing is set in stone for a long while as far as I know. Hope that helps
  3. Thanks for the fast reply, and the useful information. I shall contact my sponsor first thing on monday. Thanks again. :thumright:
  4. Does anyone know if you are successful at mainboard if there is a limit to how many fam visits you can do? After you have done the initial two do you think you have to pay your way to any other regiments?
  5. I don't think so no.
  6. You can still change your choice during the intermediate term... there's no rush however it is wholly advisable to get plenty of quality face time in with your preferred regiments and get yourself known before RMAS... goes a long way, especially given the competition for some. Get yourself on a fam visit before main board.