Regiment Numbers

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by soldiertobe, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my letter congratulating me on passing the selection process and about pre-enlistment ceremony. (swearing allegience)

In the letter is a regiment Number , It tells me "to commit to my memory" Does this number now follow me throughout my career in th Army?

Just curious?
  2. Yes it does, look after it well :)
  3. A chocolate f***ing frog!? Is that all?!
  4. No you dont have to memorise, just be prepared to look like a full on f*ckwit should you choose to ignore 8 numbers on the first day of basic
  5. Oh I've memorised it alright. I just wasn't sure if it was solely for training or for my entire career?

Now I know........ :wink:
  6. Wtf, my Army number is... "to be confirmed"!

Soldiertobe, is your briefing and pre-enlistment ceremony on the same day, or separate days?
  7. I passed ADSC last month and I didn't get a letter? Seen my recruiter, been down the office, been on running club since then and this is the first I've heard of it? Although my date for basic hasnt been confirmed yet so is this why do you reckon? I'll phone him tomorrow and check it out.
  8. Yes it is mate.
  9. Your regimental number is 8 digits long (soldier) 6 digits long (officer).

It will not change and is unique to you. If you dont have at it then ASK.

I did not know mine until I turned up at the camp gates for basic and asked one of the Cpl's (my recruiter said they would tell me then) 18 years later things should be a lot more efficient now :D .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.