Regiment/Corps/Job Research

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Ladams, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,

Ive recently done my BARB test etc and am currently sorting out the medical forms. I have picked the three jobs and ordered them in preference from the list I recieved and will now starting my research for each one. My Choices are as follows...

1. Parachute Regiment - Paratrooper.
    2. Royal Army Medical Corps - Combat Medical Tech.
    3. Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers - Armourer (Weapon System Engineer)

Im going to tackle this by finding out about...

Training- Where, how long, what will I learn.
    History - Formation, key dates.
    Equipment, weapons, vehicles they use.
    Roles,Responsibilities & duties etc
    Important Names/People within.

Just wondering if anyone can share some decent/accurate resources for research besides the Army website and some tips on things I need to know and even your own personal get the picture :]

Any type of help will be much apprechiated.

2. Training, equipment and roles can be provided by the recruiting office, history and important names can be found on Corps/Regimental websites. Put some effort in if you really are interested.
  3. Sorry if I came across like I wasnt putting the effort in, I am using what you mentioned and more. Just wanted some extra/personal/insider input from people, not stuff I can easly google and find - or am I overthinking it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.