ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Regiment/Corps/Job Research

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Ladams, Feb 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all,

Ive recently done my BARB test etc and am currently sorting out the medical forms. I have picked the three jobs and ordered them in preference from the list I recieved and will now starting my research for each one. My Choices are as follows...

1. Parachute Regiment - Paratrooper.
    2. Royal Army Medical Corps - Combat Medical Tech.
    3. Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers - Armourer (Weapon System Engineer)

Im going to tackle this by finding out about...

Training- Where, how long, what will I learn.
    History - Formation, key dates.
    Equipment, weapons, vehicles they use.
    Roles,Responsibilities & duties etc
    Important Names/People within.

Just wondering if anyone can share some decent/accurate resources for research besides the Army website and some tips on things I need to know and even your own personal knowledge....you get the picture :]

Any type of help will be much apprechiated.

Cheers.

2. Training, equipment and roles can be provided by the recruiting office, history and important names can be found on Corps/Regimental websites. Put some effort in if you really are interested.

3. Sorry if I came across like I wasnt putting the effort in, I am using what you mentioned and more. Just wanted some extra/personal/insider input from people, not stuff I can easly google and find - or am I overthinking it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.