Regiment choice help?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by o0matt0o, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I'm 15, 16 in a matter of days, and I'm just about to do my final interview and then ADSC.
    I've been lusting after the maroon beret for about a year before I even applied but given my run time I doubt I can get it down low enough. I'm just a naturally slow runner no matter how much interval running I do.
    So PARA being my first choice I need a second choice. I'm still going to put all my effort into getting in to the maroon machine but I need a backup non-the-less.
    I've been leaning towards 1 Royal Anglian (I couldn't tell you why, I just have) but there are so many regiments out there that do seemingly the same thing, so I need help choosing.
    My local is RIFLES as I live in Cornwall but I'm not really drawn to them.
    Seriously, any advice in narrowing my choices?
    If knowing parts of my background would perhaps help just ask what you need and I'll answer, cheers in advance.

2. 123

123 LE

find a willing helper and create a rock, paper, scissors knockout competition for all the regiments. Best of 5.

3. You'll have to tell your recruiter why

4. I think it's probably because I've heard they're a great bunch of lads and very professional

5. Every regiment will say that

What did you say at Pre-Adsc in your icebreaker

6. I got mine cut short as I was the last one and we were struck for time but I just stated my name, age, what my families like, my military background, that they support me all the way, my hobbies and that i wanted to go into the infantry and hopefully the paras

7. The REME are always looking for young, keen soldiers?
    Plenty of trades to go for and relevant to civy qualifications etc?

8. RAF rise above the rest, plus nicer beret!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.