regi subs

can anyone tell me about regemental subs they come out of my wages every couple of months or so for about £20 - £30 . do I have to pay this as I dont remember signing anything saying i wish to . anyone any ideas??? :?
You can sign something in your RAO that states you don't want to pay your regi subs.

Im need to do it sometime, thanks for reminding me
You usually pay a day's pay every year, split into quarterly contributions.

Nope you don't have to pay this at all. However, as with your PRI contributions *some* units get very arsey about this and may put pressure on you to pay it (like they may put pressure on you to buy a stable belt etc.). Most places, if you kick up a fuss about it they simply won't bother trying to make you, some places, it's as simple as rocking up to your admin office and saying stop my regi subs.

They can come in handy sometimes, like if you go away on adventure training or your department has a do then money can be claimed from the regimental secretary towards it. but if you're not someone who does this then you're probably better off not paying.

Speak to your admin-type staff and they will tell you whether or not regi-subs are "encouraged" within your unit.
It's a days pay a year to Regt Associations who give to good causes for both serving and ex-serving soldiers and their families.

"To maintain the objects of the Association by promoting and supporting the Corps, affording assistance to its members and their dependants, and making donations to Army charities"

Once you have seen a couple of mates seriously injured/killed and the effects on their family you wouldn't dream of pulling out of the scheme.

If you did not understand that before posting fine, go and confirm it with your Sect Comd.

If you did know this and you still want to pull out I would be surprised if it amounts to more than about £50 per head for any of you and you are a Malcontent Weasel
Alf_Garnet_Commando said:
Priam said:
I would be surprised if it amounts to more than about £50 per head for any of you quote]

chuckle chuckle
Hmmm not quite sussed the software yet!

I have known several good AGC guys (and Gals) over the years, unfortunately for every one of them, there would appear to be ten of you in the background undermining their good work.

Priam said:
I would be surprised if it amounts to more than about £50 per head for any of you quote]

chuckle chuckle
Quite. I currently pay 125% of a days pay, i dont begrudge the charitable contribution but the element that goes to the Corps Mess is, in my opinion, sometimes mis-spent. The charitable contribution does a great deal of good, give it some thought before you sack it.
Bites all round on this site. It just is too easy.
It is, your right. And its a game played by children. Nip into your SSM's office and call him a moon faced cnut, thats how an adult gets a bite out of people. Not sat on an anonymous website, trying to get a rise. Malogorous little runt.

Book Reviewer
Mods - Can I please put in a demand for an O2T medal block for this chopper.
How rude. But seriously, all medal apps go throught the SSA. He'll sit on it for a few weeks. Then shred it.

And then you'll come on here going Wah wah wah where's my medal?
MODs gotta be a done deal now eh?
Having read this last post from AGC I feel that he has made it obvious that he is not one of us.

A sense of humour is both needed and appreciated on the site, however the ravings of a mong are not.

Time for you to take your leave and bother someone else.

If its a charitable contribution then why doesn't it come up as a charity on your pay slips so you pay less tax? I was told it was basically for sporting eqpt etc thats why i stopped it it my last place.
The one days pay scheme (for soldiers) and two days pay scheme (for officers) goes towards Regimental/Corps association funds and is used for the welfare of serving and non serving members. Having previously worked in an Association HQ capacity I know first hand that the money received from these schemes is invaluable. Associations have no other way of generating funds to help in a welfare capacity. I recall a case of a WW2 veteran, who had fallen on hard times and was getting ill through worry because he could not pay a gas bill. The ABF stepped, assessed the case, approached the Regimental Association for a contrinution towards the bill and between them they settled it. Likewise, I could quote an example of a serving soldier with a disabled child, who received assistance from the association in purchasing some special educational tools for his daughter.

The money can only be taken from your pay if you authorise it. You will have been asked to sign an authority AND a Deed of Covenant which allows the association to claim Tax back on your donation. I have just left a Regiment where about 80% of OR's pay into the scheme and those that wish to leave, once it is explainend to them what it is for, normally remain. Remember also, that some Regiments will not look favourably on you in the future, should you fall on hard times and request assistance, when you did not pay in whilst serving.

Latest Threads