Reg Varney - RIP

RIP indeed.

Top prog was On The Buses.

Who would have shagged Olive?

Not this callsign.

I also read that he was the first person in the world to use a cashpoint machine.

Remarkable.

Splendid innings Reg!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ex soldier (well, REME, anyway) and a good comedian, but probably best known for the bus series. Did some good work with Benny Hill, before that one became a star. And of course, The Rag Trade.

He was indeed the first person to use a cash point machine, being the celebrity who opened the very first one.
A good comedian and a very nice man, by all accounts.

On The Buses - CLASSIC. I look forward to the re-runs.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
George_Boots said:
They've been on ITV 2 and 3 on and off for about 2 years starting in Black and white and right up to last ones

Proper 70's T.V
Coloured blokes all called chalky, top sexisim and no H & S

RIP Reg top entertainment

P.S He was 50 when he made on the buses must have loved fooling about with all that 70's totty

the_boy_syrup said:
George_Boots said:
They've been on ITV 2 and 3 on and off for about 2 years starting in Black and white and right up to last ones

Proper 70's T.V

P.S He was 50 when he made on the buses must have loved fooling about with all that 70's totty
Crumpet mate crumpet

the_boy_syrup said:
George_Boots said:

Proper 70's T.V

Reg, top lad, fully agree with B.S

the_guru said:
Who would have shagged Olive?
Plenty. I do believe she used to be a stripper in a, ahem, hostess club before she turned to acting.

Amazing what a bit of make up in the wrong place and milk bottle glasses will do for a gal.

IIRC she did some scutty pictures. I'd be impressed if anyone could dig them out of the Tinterweb.

As for the prog, I remember thinking that I wanted to be a bus driver when I grew up.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do.