Refusing sjar

Discussion in 'Reports & Promotion' started by wil5924, Jul 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good eveing fellow arrser's :) ......I was just wondering if it is true that you can refuse your SJAR on the grounds that you never recieved an MPAR.And because of this you automatically sit the board.Is this true or is it just more army nonsense rumours.Thanks in advance.
  2. Not true. You can't refuse a SJAR anyway, you are signing to say that you have seen it not that you agree with it.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  3. But surely if you are not recieving an MPAR which is supposedly to inform you of the areas in which you need to improve so that you have the opportunity to improve your SJAR 6 months later.Surely this is a career failure if the chain of command are not giving MPARS inline with JSP'S.
  4. service complaint, simple
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Did you ask for one? If you didn't, you may not get the result you want. Whilst any decent CoC should instigate one, it doesn't absolve you of your responsibility to ensure you have one. It's your career after all and you should make every effort to get an MPAR if your career is that important to you. If you have asked and you have evidence to prove this and they have still failed to provide an MPAR, fill yer boots.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. yes i've asked for 1.But i have been shipped out on op otep.Completely out of trade for another 7 months.
  7. So what happens when i am being asked to sign it and i refuse to sign it because i never recieved an MPAR.Where do we go from there?
  8. Wrong, wrong, wrong. You must receive an MPAR, even if it is a verbal one and you must agree that you have had one. If there is something in the SJAR that marks you down, you can put in place a service complaint to say you never knew you were failing. No, you don't go to the board automatically, that would just be daft. You can't refuse an SJAR, you sign to say ou have seen it and then put comments in the box stating your case. However any good 1RO would rather you went back before signing anything and discuss it, allowing discrepancies to be sorted first.

9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

You have already been given the answers to that - you are signing to say that you have seen it, not that you agree with it. You have the chance to make comments, and can start the process of redressing the SJAR or go the service complaint route.

Your RCMO might be the best person to advise you on the realities of life.
  10. If you've been detached for 3 months or more you should have an insert. You can rock the boat if you like, I can't see it doing you much good. Personally I'd focus on next year.

Forestero, I disagree the appraisal process is pretty black and white, his CoC should have given him an MPAR.
  11. Yep, if agreed, an insert can act as MPAR.

12. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

No, it isn't wrong, I have intimate knowledge of this sort of silliness. Re-read it properly. The FIRST thing MCM Div will ask if you bang in a complaint is if you asked for one. If you didn't, your complaint loses substance. Fact. If, despite asking for an MPAR and having the evidence to show that you asked for one, your SJAR subsequently marks you down, bang in that SC. If you didn't ask for one and your SJAR still hoses you, stick one in anyway but just be aware of of the first question that will be asked. If you've got a valid reason, you've got no reason to worry.
  13. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I agree completely and frankly any OC that doesn't write one up doesn't deserve the commission he holds but sadly it happens a lot and the first thing MCM will ask is if he asked for one. I don't agree with it at all but bitter experience has taught me to ******* hound the CoC for an MPAR, regardless.
  14. Yeah i would like to rock the boat.Because i feel as i am not being given the opportunity to progress in my career.And this is just adding to it by not getting an MPAR.But for sure all the golden balls boys got there Mpars.Hmppfffff.If your in with the little click you get everything.All the courses,Mpars,Op Tours.Whilst the rest of us get fucked off and sweep the hanger or get put on OTEP which is completely out of trade.What makes it best you have split arses who can't even pass basic miilitary fitness tests who are on the biff.This is the best bit "there force protection lol" whilst me on the other hand and others nver failed a military fitness test get to pack ******* osprey for 12 months.Wheres the justice and fairness in the fantastic British Army.Its a bag of bollocks if you ask me.
  15. Yes i aske dfor 1.But i bet your bottom dollar they COC will stick together and state "No he never asked for one"...Bloody liars.Its about time they learned abit of integrity instead of banging on about others having integrity.Grrrrrrrr