• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Refusing a posting

Hi all, I was looking into leaving the army after 9 years service and have now just received a posting order for Germany due to start very soon after I get married. just wanted to know if I did sign off could I still be made to go to Germany for my last 8 months of service?

In theory you go where/when you are told, although it would seem to be a waste of resources to me.
Having said that I had 3 months of my terminal leave "nicked" due to operational requirements,and that was after 23.5 years so!!

Speak to your CoC, you do not say if it is a unit move or you as an individual.

it was me as an individual. Just waiting on interviews with CoC but agree it would be a waste of time and money and make it a lot harder for me to do my ressetlemnt