Refusal of Life Insurance Due to Depression

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jobsworth, Oct 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just been refused life cover for my mortgage by Legal & General, this is because I was diagnosed with PTSD 16 years ago. I am still receiving medication for my PTSD/DEPRESSION, Legal & General suggested I went to my doctor to see what
    could be done, basically they wanted me to stop taking medication and they would then insure me. I saw the letter my doctor sent on my behalf, it highlighted the fact I have no suicidal nor self harming worries and the fact that I hold a good job down.
    Has anyone else had this happen and if so how did they resolve it?

2. I'd be right fed up if that happened to me.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Constructive, thank you

4. It makes for depressing reading.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Fcuk off you troll, I am looking for some advice

6. Have you tried other insurance companies? I'm sure there are, in Internetshire, fora and various support groups dealing with depression, some of whose members will undoubtedly have come up against this issue in the past. They may well know of an insurance company that has a more flexible approach.

Failing that, how about the charity MIND? I'm sure they will employ advisers.

7. Spot on, thank you.

8. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

SSAFA or Royal British Legion will probably also have wide experience on the military or ex-military angle.

9. Have you tried a psychiatrist?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Biscuits, have you tried vagina? Go on it will make a change for you

11. Nah, that's so last millenium. It's modern form to ask some random strangers on the internet when it's personal and important.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Is that an anti-depressant?

13. Fcuk, me. As an ex squaddie I thought I would not be the first and I was looking for advice. Good to see the team is still helping
    lads lagging behind. Glad I got out when I did, what a pair of tools

14. Don't let it get you down.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

• Like Like x 1