Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Tiffy_Massive, Jan 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Can any AGC (SPS) Types answer this problem?

    I received an amout of LSSA which was then taxed. The LSSA was then a month later taken back from me, but the full amount.
    I have rounded up the figures but not by much, but it went something like this:
    LSSA entitlement- £198 Tax deducted - £50 Bank payment - £ 148

    LSSA deduction - £198

    Surely the LSSA deducted should be the untaxed amout that went into my bank only ie £148. And then someone claims the taxed amount back from the taxman.

    Will i get my £50 back. If not why should i have to contact the tax man and ask for my money back when some toss*r cocked it up in the first place. Why should i be £50 worse off for someone elses cockup?
  2. You will have to claim it back off the taxman yourself, life can be a b1tch mate.
  3. Don't recognise the abbreviaton, after my time. But if you receive a taxable allowance and at a later date it is taken back for whatever reason your tax payment on the month it was taken back will reflect this. It's the same in civvy street.
  4. oldbaldy

    oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

    Correct & if you look at your pay statement you will find you have paid about £50 less in tax than you did the previous month.
    These questions never change, the same question was being asked in the 80s :D
  5. Please don't anyone listen to Devilish pn pay matters - you can quite clearly see from his reply that he doesn't have a scooby what he is talking about
  6. A bit like our clerks then... --> :wink: <--