Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

refreshing normal stories from the gulf

Wow I cant wait to go back out beautiful sun rises exiting patrols and a busy day spent doing your dhobi its like Butlins with the temperature turned up.

I think the effect this story will have on the families of those with loved ones out there is a good thing.

Yes we know it's dangerous, we can only imagine, but we never think of it as a normal day.

I'm proud of the matter of fact tone taken, job well done, no matter what the job out there.

Safe home.

Beebs

blessed baby cakes said:
I'm proud of the matter of fact tone taken, job well done, no matter what the job out there.

For goodness' sakes woman, you just don't get it do you? If everyone back home thinks it's safe and routine, how is Joe Squaddie ever going to get his leg over with impressionable women back home?

Tsk tsk tsk, bloody civvies, etc etc...

I remember a lot of similiar articles in Soviet news-papers about Afghanistan in 80's, about friendly Afghans, about humanitarian aid and so on. Too few really believed in this.

KGB_resident said:
I remember a lot of similiar articles in Soviet news-papers about Afghanistan in 80's, about friendly Afghans, about humanitarian aid and so on. Too few really believed in this.
the differences is that the Soviet closed media is a govt tool to tell the Russian world that everything is great and most certainly will not tell the truth if it damages the Soviet prestige.

In the UK and US (for most parts) there is a free press and the media in the UK find embarassing The Govt is a special interest, tells the truth for most parts with a little embellishments and Bad news sells more papers.
my friend went over (TA) and he mentions school , town , infrastructure rebuilding efforts and grateful people, which never gets a mention in the news at all.
however he does say it can be dangerous in certain areas and vigilance is needed at all times.

On one hand it is nice to see something other then road side attack information as there are other things occuring there; though this article has been "buttered" with the propaganda wheels in strong motion.

Cheers 2CB