Refresh my failing memory, anyone...?

I'm convinced that I used to have dealings with an organisation whose address began with, "At the sign of the Duchess of Albany," and that it was something to do with either finance or freight -- maybe insuring in-transit MFO boxes?

Nobody believes me and Google is no help.

Can anyone enlighten me?

I know it. Send me twenty pounds to this address:

Behind the Hot Water Pipes
End Cubicle
Gentlemens Rest Room
Waterloo Station

Once received, i will fill you in on the details. Mums the word.

SNLR86 said:
I'm convinced that I used to have dealings with an organisation whose address began with, "At the sign of the Duchess of Albany," and that it was something to do with either finance or freight -- maybe insuring in-transit MFO boxes?

Can anyone enlighten me?
no but you've got me scatching my head whilst I peer through the mists of time. Wasn't is a financial advisor based in Salisbury with the same name as a removal company or are we both suffering from an early onset of Alzheimers...........?

blackrat_scaleyback said:

End Cubicle
Gentlemens Rest Room
Waterloo Station

Will you take a cheque?

Bumper said:
SNLR86 said:

Can anyone enlighten me?
no but you've got me scatching my head whilst I peer through the mists of time. Wasn't is a financial advisor based in Salisbury with the same name as a removal company or are we both suffering from an early onset of Alzheimers...........?
With luck, it'll be Alzheimer's -- every day a new adventure...

SNLR86 said:
blackrat_scaleyback said:

End Cubicle
Gentlemens Rest Room
Waterloo Station

Will you take a cheque?
As long as you leave your card details.

Bumper said:
SNLR86 said:

Can anyone enlighten me?
You're not the only ones, then. I think it was kit insurers Wilsons Hogg Robinson or one of the pre-merger organisations. They may have done financial advice as well, but I never took any because I had no finances worth advising. Still don't, come to think of it. Thanks, Gordon.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
It might be The Naval Construction and
Armament Co. of which she was a patron.

Big_Duke_Six said:
Bumper said:
SNLR86 said:

Can anyone enlighten me?
You're not the only ones, then. I think it was kit insurers Wilsons Hogg Robinson or one of the pre-merger organisations. They may have done financial advice as well, but I never took any because I had no finances worth advising. Still don't, come to think of it. Thanks, Gordon.
nailed it

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
WTF?!?

Bumper said:
Big_Duke_Six said:
Bumper said:
SNLR86 said:

Can anyone enlighten me?
I had a feeling that it was Hogg Robinson, although couldn't find anything on the interweb, but I guess that confirms it. Whether this will convince the unbelievers is another matter.

Thanks to all...

nailed it

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
and again?!?