Referendum on constitutional change this Friday.

Apart from the fact that the British NHS service has been absorbing the cost of their abortions, why the f*ck has there been so much coverage of the Irish referendum?

They are a separate nation. That was their specific decision, and I cannot criticise them for that. In the interim, they were slaves to the Roman Catholic church. Again, their decision. I notice that Irish voters were arriving into Ireland from everywhere else so that they could vote.

Why should we give a f*ck what the Irish decide about murdering foetuses in the same way as we should not give a f*ck about how they feel about a customs union?

You're a separate country. Get on with it. You really are not our concern and haven't been for nearly a hundred years.

Apart from the fact that the British NHS service has been absorbing the cost of their abortions, why the f*ck has there been so much coverage of the Irish referendum?

They are a separate nation. That was their specific decision, and I cannot criticise them for that. In the interim, they were slaves to the Roman Catholic church. Again, their decision. I notice that Irish voters were arriving into Ireland from everywhere else so that they could vote.

Why should we give a f*ck what the Irish decide about murdering foetuses in the same way as we should not give a f*ck about how they feel about a customs union?

You're a separate country. Get on with it. You really are not our concern and haven't been for nearly a hundred years.
AFAIK Irish women can only go private

Apart from the fact that the British NHS service has been absorbing the cost of their abortions
Have they? Everything I’ve seen on the subject, relevant to your point, involved woman who had flown to GB for an abortion in a private clinic. The NHS was never mentioned.

Could you show us this fact you speak of?

It's a good job you took the time out to open this topic, type your reply and post it otherwise we'd never have known you didn't care about it...

It's a good job you took the time out to open this topic, type your reply and post it otherwise we'd never have known you didn't care about it...
I didn't open this topic. I added to a pre-existing topic.

We made our decision decades ago. One with which I don't necessarily agree (I'm against capital punishment, as well. But that is a different argument.) However, our nation made a decision, which I must respect.

Why the fu*k should I care about what Ireland thinks or what they do? They don't care about what we think, unless it hits them in the pocket and why should they?

Why the fu*k should I care about what Ireland thinks or what they do? They don't care about what we think, unless it hits them in the pocket and why should they?
Does this mean you doubly don't care? Is that a double negative and you're now passionate about it one way or the other?

Do we all need to post that we don't care in all the topics we don't care about?

Does this mean you doubly don't care? Is that a double negative and you're now passionate about it one way or the other?

Do we all need to post that we don't care in all the topics we don't care about?
Let me simplify this for you.

I don't care at all how the Irish voted. I do care that that the British media are obsessed about it. It's not our concern.

We used to laugh at Americans for not having a clue what was happening outside their own country...
That's the difference, sure enough. We have the two extremes. The American media's ignoring of anything beyond its own borders and the British media's obsessiveness and blanket coverage of a 'politically sensitive' issue affecting only a very minor country.

It would be rather nice if we could do as most other civilised countries and take the ground between these extremes. Perhaps at the cultural level we're still inclined to imperialism.

I take it you mean on foreign media rather than this thread. I'm at a loss myself as to why it was so interesting to foreign news media.

SF recently took part in an excercise to point out that taken together with the Alliance, Green and SDLP they likely put the DUP in a minority (in the Assembly). Unfortunately for them major elements of the SDLP are probably closer to the DUP than the other parts of the "front".

It's not an accident that PMTM has said that this is an issue for the NI Assembly to deal with.

Because of the potential (and highly likely) major impact on UK politics.
Do you mean the sudden calls to legalise abortion in NI which will never wash with the DUP who keep the Government in power thus putting Theresa May in a bit of a bind because if she decides to legalise abortion in NI which will never wash with the DUP who keep the Government in power the DUP will withdraw their support and the government could go to the wall in the very near future?

Who knew that #Repealthe8th might repeal the British Government.

Anyway more to the point, the Bishops are foaming at the mouth having had the electorate poke a thumb in their Ecclesiastical Eye twice in three years.

'Catholics who voted 'Yes' in abortion referendum should consider coming to confession' - Bishop - Independent.ie

It doesn't seem to have occurred to Kevin that the people that vote for Gay Marriage and Abortion probably don't feel the need to go to confession much.
I love Catholicism. It is the comedic gift that just keeps on giving.