Referendum Bill Passes First Hurdle 304 votes to nil

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by geezer466, Jul 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MPs vote for law promising EU referendum by 304 - 0 - Telegraph

Liked this bit

Proof Positive that most of those who inhabit the Westminster Village are Spineless w@ankers.

If you disagree with something then you should say so not hide away and curse the measure from afar (in the hope no one notices).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Our politicians want to be a bit more careful

There is a serious danger of them actually doing something the public wants them to do.

• Like Like x 6
  3. I started a revolution once.

But I got dizzy, so I stopped!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

This Bill will go nowhere. The reason why there is a coalition is because the Tories couldn't command a majority at the last election. Their partners don't want this Bill, anti-EU Labour MPs were upset by the blatent party political nature of the Bill and so won't support it. The Tories can't garner enough support to moe the Bill forward. It will die on it's arse.

5. Mugatu is Tom Watson in flesh. :wink:

6. The Bill will "die on it's arse" when Labour wins the next election due to the UKIP effect.

Remember, a vote for UKIP is a vote to deprive oneself of a referendum and another Labour government resolutely wedded to further EU integration.

7. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

What exactly will the vote be? A straight "Yes-No/In-Out", or a myriad of terms and conditions, with no chance of a real break?

I would like to see the former, but strongly suspect the latter. More weasel worded, voter - awing tripe from our 'betters'.

• Like Like x 3
  8. If we vote no, they'd make us vote again

• Like Like x 6
  9. If that is the case WhiteCity Old Chap, then surely the sensible option would be to hold a referendum prior to the GE, thereby taking the wind out of UKIPs sails?

• Like Like x 3
  10. How strange - the Tories introduce a LibDem election pledge and Clegg & Co disappear.

Remember this from their manifesto -

What is it with LibDems and election promises?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Limpdems, political whores of the first order.

• Like Like x 2
  12. The question will be along the lines of "Do you [BOLD]not[BOLD] want to leave the EU"

13. How the f**k do I do bold??

• Like Like x 1
  14. Like this

• Like Like x 2
  15. Got too agree spineless w@nktards, they need to grow some that's why we elect them to make the hard decisions.