Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by francis666, Jul 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright Chaps,

Can anyone tell me how important it is to have decent references on the officer application form (the one you fill out after the briefing)? Work and university wise I'm good, but from my old school they won't be too good-but I did finish school 5 years ago.

Also, will they hold the fact that I've been out of work for 4 months or so against me (but I am starting a new job soon, which has taken months and months to sort out)?

Or am I worrying over nothing?!

Thanks, appreciate it.
  2. I thought that you only needed two references. Neither of mine were academic and one of them wasn't even particularly strong, being a friend of the family and couldn't answer some of the questions about how I integrated with my peers etc. I think that this is probably the least of your worries, maybe have one academic ref and one other so they can get a broader view of you character traits

3. I think you need a minimum of three now, as i had to put down four. I needed one for school, college, university and employer! But not sure how important they are as i have only done my briefing.
  4. You might very well be right and I may well have done similar, and now that I think of it you are right did they go in the little booklet form thing maybe they said you needed to non academic. Who am I?