Reference the old Berghaus Cyclops Vulcan:

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by TamH70, Aug 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Were they IRR compatible? I got a second hand one in the mail today after getting it on t'old Ebay. Was in good second hand condition - I have seen way worse kit being issued in various stores rooms throughout my past career, but having heard so much stuff about the Web-tex brand being pish-poor, I just wanted to inquire about Berghaus's record in this area.

When I opened up the package I was expecting to see an Afghan asylum seeker pop out, the thing really is that heruge. :cool:

2. msr

msr LE

Why not just use the issued one?
  3. Would do if I was still serving. My mistake though, the question should have included, "if I manage to get back in the TAs" etc.
    At the moment, I will mainly be using it for hill-walking and stuff, but I try always to look longer-term so things don't jump up and bite me on my arse.

4. Cyclops Roc 3 - legend! You could get almost everything that you were likely to need for a six week holiday to the Falklands in one of them...

I bought mine in 1982 for £70 odd quid and it is still going strong. In fact next time I go on a lad's pissed up weekend, I might just use it for my kit. although there is probably a kit monster living at the bottom of it, full of badness!
  5. I got it for fifteen quid including postage and packing. Major bargain or what?
    Much better built than the web-tex one that is lying in my mfo box, with it's buckles smashed off and cut away, waiting for repair.
    Which cost me six times that amount of money. Yep, I was young, foolish, and not yet a member of ARRSE when I got that one.
    So didn't know that web-tex = crap.

6. So let me get this right ! your worried about the IRR compatability of the vulcan on the off chance you might join the TA ?
    (note no "S",its Army not army's )

If you re-join you will get one issued, so not a problem :)

Oh and Web-shite dont bother to repair it just send it to land fill thats all its good for !

remember kids " buy webtex buy twice "
  7. I never said my mind made sense even to me, old chap. Why should I expect it to make sense to you? Btw, love the avatar.
    One of the coolest characters ever to stalk a cinema screen was Jules Winfield.