Ref. Sick notes at home

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Gazzer, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just A Quick Query Lads ..If you get a sick note of doctor on weekend leave . Does the note have to say unfit to trave'l to Warrant you not going back. Ie if it just says unfit to work do you need to go back when your due back of weekend leave ....thanks in advance...

2. You will have to be a deaths door to pull that one, if you are ill enough you dont have to tell anybody either, because they will understand you couldnt tell them.

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Basic answer is yes and it had better be a good one rather than the tired and normal crap reasons civilians docs put down.

You will need to be assessed by the MO on return to camp.

You're easiest way of not earning the enmity of your CSM and hierachy is to crawl back to camp, see the MO and get let things go from there. Sounds unfair but you know the feeling on skivvers and wasters within the Army. Easier not to get your name remembered for not appearing back if, in any way, you can get back.

4. We had a guy desperately ill in billets, MO wouldn't attend and in the end we had to get a civi ambulance out for him. Sadly he died that night & even then the barstewards would have had him on a charge if they could.

5. Cheers Guys ....The prodical son strikes again .........the fooking numpty ..prob blown is carear now..not the first time he as got himself noticed by the powers that be :(

6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Then tell the tit to go back sharpish and limit the damage. It'll only be worse the longer he stays away.

7. When I was a S/Sgt at the good Ole MCTC, I knew I was coming down with Flu over the weekend, it is (Touch wood) the only time I believe I have ever had Flu, it was not good, basically I could not even walk un aided to the wifes car, to take me into camp to go sick.

Anyway gets in to see the MO who was a Major who was standing in for our normal MO who was a civvy, he took one look at me, took my temperature and gave me 14 days at home.

However the RSM wanted to see me before I left camp (The Welsh one I mentioned previously that even hated his own mother and probably his wife) Anyway I gets to his office and apologies for not pulling my feet in. And he said "Has the MO given you a Chitty Staff”? Aye Sir I replied

“Give ere then” as he inspects it (I am a Fu*king S/Sgt I am hardly going to lie about being sick

“Fooking Flu, Fooking 14 days, I am sure you could do Sedentary Duties, what do you say Staff”

“Sir I feel like sh*t and I am as weak as a kitten”

“Well you better Fu*k off then I will review in week”.

“It was his way of saying I am Fu*king watching you”

I was fine about 7 days later and returned myself to work. The point being there were and may still be knobs like this one out there. I do hope the Army has grown out of Characters like this.

Aye

Magic (Glad to be away from the dark ages)