Votes: 36 6.4%
  • 2. Hero

Votes: 88 15.6%
  • 3. Muppet

Votes: 167 29.7%
  • 4. A very nice chap doing his best for the country

Votes: 272 48.3%

• Total voters
Not really if you listen to the whole thing, at best, and unusually enough for him, not perhaps the best phrasing but hardly a loss of control.
And to be fair, he's not wrong. DRoss is as much use as a melted kitkat in opposition.

Not really if you listen to the whole thing, at best, and unusually enough for him, not perhaps the best phrasing but hardly a loss of control.

On this specific occasion I wish JRM had kept his thoughts on DRoss to himself as - to me - it provides that odious sturgeon woman ammunition in that JRM's words could be misconstrued that the UK government considers our wee pretendy parliament to be just that, and that idiots among the Scottish voting public think they're somehow being slighted by the horrid toaries/ English because even although he's a plastic toarie he's still a MSP i.e. one of ours.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
On this specific occasion I wish JRM had kept his thoughts on DRoss to himself as - to me - it provides that odious sturgeon woman ammunition in that JRM's words could be misconstrued that the UK government considers our wee pretendy parliament to be just that, and that idiots among the Scottish voting public think they're somehow being slighted by the horrid toaries/ English because even although he's a plastic toarie he's still a MSP i.e. one of ours.
The fact idiots can't understand plain English is hardly his fault, whatever he had said would have been deliberately twisted anyway, much like the interviewer was trying to do.

He's got a nice turn of phrase, has Mr Crace
"In his own mind, the leader of the house is a model of good manners and easy charm: in reality he is a 12-year-old entitled brat in an oversized suit whose default setting is to be patronising and offensive. The very model of passive aggression."

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
He's got a nice turn of phrase, has Mr Crace
"In his own mind, the leader of the house is a model of good manners and easy charm: in reality he is a 12-year-old entitled brat in an oversized suit whose default setting is to be patronising and offensive. The very model of passive aggression."

Guardian hack writes grrr Tories piece. . . Hold the front page!

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
well yeah. It just made me laugh thinking of going up to Jakey, poking him in his hairless pigeon-chest & saying it.

Then kicking him in the shins, nicking his velocipede & zooming away
Careful, this might happen
Screen-Shot-2014-11-07-at-17.45.48.png

Not so great at the ol' skid-turns, though, or getting into carparks or under trees. And really crap at wheelies.
(Riding a penny-farthing is thoroughly recommended, great fun and bloody terrifying at the same time)
I thought riding a PF was part of the Eton entrance exam - running down proles with a PF is evidence of a fast track to being a prefect.

Why isn't twat an option?

I'm not an especial cheerleader for the Monarchy by a long chalk, but that seems very disrespectful - to anyone, let alone someone potentially in shouting distance.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Was the outburst against Douglas Ross a rare example of JRM loss of control?
Extremely doubtful. From what I've seen of JRM, nothing he does involves a loss of control. My take is that the Moggster was jumping on the press grenade - he was providing a diversion by slapping down an enemy of the PM, something shiny for the press to latch on to with the intention of slightly loosening their stranglehold on No 10. There's an awful lot of news that's unintentionally done the same: Prince Andrew, Christine Lee, even the tennis playing Serb. But there's Prime Ministerial blood in the water...

JRM for PM!