• 2. Hero

Votes: 84 15.9%
  • 3. Muppet

Votes: 154 29.2%
  • 4. A very nice chap doing his best for the country

Votes: 254 48.2%

• Total voters

I do not know much about Mogg.
But people have the right to join the Labour Party in a free society. My problem is with the Tories. Look at what Boris Johnson said about the working class in a 1995 column
During his time as editor of right-wing political magazine the Spectator, he wrote: “The modern British male is useless.
Boris also wrote about the working class,
“If he is blue collar, he is likely to be drunk, criminal, aimless, feckless and hopeless, and perhaps claiming to suffer from low self-esteem brought on by unemployment.”
How can any working class man support this guy? He also said insulting stuff about single mothers, when he has produced a few of them himself.
Isn't there a thread on this?

I do not know much about Mogg.
But people have the right to join the Labour Party in a free society. My problem is with the Tories. Look at what Boris Johnson said about the working class in a 1995 column
During his time as editor of right-wing political magazine the Spectator, he wrote: “The modern British male is useless.
Boris also wrote about the working class,
“If he is blue collar, he is likely to be drunk, criminal, aimless, feckless and hopeless, and perhaps claiming to suffer from low self-esteem brought on by unemployment.”
How can any working class man support this guy? He also said insulting stuff about single mothers, when he has produced a few of them himself.
I am not the first or will be the last to put you on ignore, you loon

Mbongwe

Old-Salt
So, they way to have survived was to leave.............Yet if JRM says the same with the benefit of factual 20/20 hindsight people say he was wrong to champion the very things that was correct to do :)
In exactly the same way that if a member of certain community gets shooty or choppy, it's "wrong" to say "there are problems in that community". And yet if one raises a concern without the evidence of an event having proved that concern, then it's seen as prejudice...

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The Moggster raps:

The Moggster raps:

. . . . by citing Virgil*.

Very 'street' :???:
* . . . definitely not Virgil 'Gus' Grissom​
Good to know he's playing to a particular audience.​

I'd go with this, in the immeidate aftermath of the Grenfell fire he posted this:

“I think if either of us were in a fire, whatever the fire brigade said, we would leave the burning building. It just seems the common sense thing to do.”
Irrespective of his subsequent retractions,, the core assumption it expresses is clear: People like Us are are smart. Proles aren't.

Irrespective of his apologies in the wake of one of this - mebbe the most egregious display of basic understanding, and of empathy, by a public figure in the wake of a tragedy in UK that I can remember - its very spontaneity, I would say, shines a very bright light on the weltanschauung of a chap who needs a third party to do the really tough work of un-capping his bottle of fizzy water at a public event.

I would not trust the cvnt any further than I could spit into the teeth of a force 10 gale.

You may make your own judgement.

Oddly, the word 'moron' does not feature in any professional appraisal of my performance over the last 40-summink years.

'Insightful', on t'other hand has been popular in those documents since at least the mid 1990s.

Go ahead - call me names.

If it makes you feel good, maybe you need a little help, y'know . . . .
Yes, very odd indeed.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

I know what you meant to say but unfortunately Katherine this is the serious bit of the site and so you shouldn't be using naughty language and neither should anyone else.

I you want to start using naughty words SWITCHTARGET to The NAAFI Bar and standby.

Unless of course you mean he was an exponent of the culinary arts,

Latest Threads