Votes: 22 6.9%
  • 2. Hero

Votes: 51 15.9%
  • 3. Muppet

Votes: 91 28.3%
  • 4. A very nice chap doing his best for the country

Votes: 157 48.9%

• Total voters
B. They build 500 cars a day. How many days do you think they should store parts for if we crash out of Brexit. An estimate would be fine.
I assume there's factory in Europe producing 500 headliners or 4000 tyres every day for Toyota UK

Any customs deal which damages Britain damages Europe.

If Toyota can't export to Europe, Germany won't be building many RHD cars....

Could you clarify? (I am being somewhat dense...).
If it is so important and is being so badly handled why has PMTM not been swept aside by the many principled and talented Pro-Brexit politicians (who the electorate will surely laud and richly reward for there unparralleled competence)? None of them will touch it and yet still have the neck to moan about a remainer being in charge.

I assume there's factory in Europe producing 500 headliners or 4000 tyres every day for Toyota UK

Any customs deal which damages Britain damages Europe.

If Toyota can't export to Europe, Germany won't be building many RHD cars....

The headliner or tyre factory is just as likely to be in the UK, North America, South America, Africa or Asia.

Cars parts is a global business. It's cheaper to ship a part 14,000 miles by sea from the Far East than drive them 100 miles up the road.

He's very fertile. Got loads of kids.
Do you mean he's fecund? Practising catholic, so not allowed to do it up the bum, no babies.

He seems or appears to be somewhat more intelligent and articulate than most politicians, especially those from the left. And from what I have seen or read about him, to stand by his principles, something rare in politics! It will be interesting to see if he will change his mind about becoming PM but perhaps he would make a good minister if May goes?
sadly he does not appear to have the support of the old guard. He would make a good PM in these troubling times. We need an old aristocrat / churchill type at the moment. It seems to me that we have reached the point in the cycle that Britain needs to restore order in Europe, as we have been doing for the past 300 years and Mogg is just the character to do it.

If any of the cabinet take the job it will just be more of the same. We need an outsider.

Or perhaps in these days of digital carnets and pre-cleared lodgements, HM Customs could set up a process channel that would impede these shipments not-at-all?
What about in the other direction?

Parts sometimes cross the channel multiple times before reaching the FAL

If it is so important and is being so badly handled why has PMTM not been swept aside by the many principled and talented Pro-Brexit politicians (who the electorate will surely laud and richly reward for there unparralleled competence)? None of them will touch it and yet still have the neck to moan about a remainer being in charge.
There is a lot to that, in fairness. There will now be a clear test of whether the Leave-supporting Tories can get enough support to depose May.

JRM is intelligent, no doubt about it, but his intelligence seems to be to get to the PM position.

I can understand that Rees-Mogg does adhere to his principles, but his principles are horrific. A homophobic, over-privileged bigot. Add to that his profiteering notions. Tax havens? Ask Mr Rees-Mogg. Anyone who espouses that abortion in cases of rape or incest is wrong is inhuman.

Him being in PM role will turn back Conservative politics to something way before Thatcher. After that, Corbyn as PM? awful prospects.
If one of his aims is to return the Conservative Party to having a conservative agenda, then I'd vote for him.
What we have right now is a Tory party with a mostly left of Blairite agenda, with PMTM being a prime example.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
If one of his aims is to return the Conservative Party to having a conservative agenda, then I'd vote for him.
What we have right now is a Tory party with a mostly left of Blairite agenda, with PMTM being a prime example.
He is intent on a Tory party of the old school, Etonians primarily. His agenda is to my mind revolting. I cannot accept someone with a professed objection to gay people and abortion. He is a throwback, and deserves to be thrown back.

What is being exposed here is the lack of real political leaders with gravitas (no that shouldn't be an oxymoron) across the political spectrum.

In the blue corner :
Maybot - nope - unable to make a decision without "advice". Although credit for the Salisbury HoC statements, which did set the correct tone.
Boris - found out by ambition.
Gove - Timothy Potter, Trainspotter.
Hammond - nope, utter lack of inspiration.
Hunt - An unfortunate surname.
Javed? No evidence of real gravitas thus far.
Mordaunt - Minister for high diving?
JRM - Highly principled, great debater, but an inspiring leader? I think not.
Ruth the Scots Lezza? Reputation built on one miracle, nothing more.
Frankly CMD had more gravitas than any of them.

In the red corner :
Errrr. Obviously Jezza and Flabbot don't count.
Lady Nugee? Hyacinth Bucket tribute act.
Old McDonnell had a collective farm?
Starmer? The worst DPP on record - and would sell his own @rse to get into power.
Banana-man (aka King over the water)? The fact that he's even talked about in this way proves my original point.
Struggling already to name any more.

Lib Dems? Excuse me while I laugh.

Where are the statesmen/women/things with gravitas? Probably need to skip a generation, but frankly there are very few who most of us could even name.
Add Geoffrey Cox to the Blue list.
It's interesting that he's kept pretty quiet after his speech at the Party Conference - a good move whilst the ordure is still impacting the aircon.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
He is an oddly compelling sort of chap, who despite some of his odious beliefs comes across as a man of principle who seems to be fairly honest in his outspokenness.

The crunch question would be, as of any MP, if you had a issue would you take it to his constituency office for him to take up on your behalf? I rather suspect that he is an excellent constituency MP who will fight for his constituents when the need arises.

He is however one of the most rebellious Tory MPs in terms of voting against the whip