Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rees-Mogg: Traitor, Hero or Muppet?

JRM 1/ Traitor, 2/ Hero, 3/ Muppet

• 1. Traitor

Votes: 32 6.5%
  • 2. Hero

Votes: 80 16.2%
  • 3. Muppet

Votes: 146 29.5%
  • 4. A very nice chap doing his best for the country

Votes: 237 47.9%

• Total voters

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I know! There's absolutely no way I want competent successful people running the country. I much rather have career politicians who came up though the party structure.
What about terrorist sympathisers with a track record of incompetence in local government? Isn’t there a place for them in government?

What a track record of incompetence in local government? Isn’t there a place for them in government?

We start using competence as a metric - we will rapidly run out of éligible politicians

Im sure theres a down side somewhere

What about terrorist sympathisers Isn’t there a place for them in government?

Much as id rather they werent - that is something we just have to put up with - theres no legal means to prevent people being MPs just because they hold an unpleasant opinion.

Ah, the politics of envy.
No, not really.

I am comfortable, and expect to remain so until I peg it, barring all but WW3.

I am, however, acutely conscious that more and more of this country's wealth is in the possession of a vanishingly small proportion of the nation's population.

We live in a country where many front-line health workers (whose C19 fatality rate dwarfs that of any other segment of the working population), are reliant on food banks, FFS.

In Jake's world, they're just collateral damage. The important thing (in Jake's world) is that he should go to his grave with his bank account(s) stuffed with more money than he or his children, or his children's children, or his children's children's children will ever be able to spend,

It's a beggar-my-neighbour/devil-take-the-hindmost philosophy in which he was skuled by his pater.

I find it less than admirable, to put it mildly.

Feel free to tug your forelocks in admiration of such creatures if you wish, but try to wake up to the possibility that at some point any nation tootling fat, dumb and happy along on such a journey is heading - inevitably - for serious discontent.

Last edited:

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
No, not really.

I am, however, acutely conscious that more ad more of this country's wealth is in the possession of a vanishingly small proportion of the nation's population.

We live in a country where many front-line health workers (whose C19 fatality rate dwarfs that of any other segment of the working population).

In Jake's world, they're just collateral damage. The important thing (in Jake's world) is that he should go to his grave with his bank account stuffed with more money than he or his children, or his children's children, or his children's children's children will ever be able to spend,

It's a beggar-my-neighbour/devil-take-the-hindmost philosophy in which he was skuled by his pater.

Feel free to tug your forelocks in admiration of such creatures if you wish, but try to wake up to the possibility that at some point any nation tootling fat, dumb and happy along on such a journey is heading - inevitably - for serious discontent.
Didn't have you down for a communist. Hey ho, every day's a school day.

No, not really.

I am, however, acutely conscious that more ad more of this country's wealth is in the possession of a vanishingly small proportion of the nation's population.

We live in a country where many front-line health workers (whose C19 fatality rate dwarfs that of any other segment of the working population).

In Jake's world, they're just collateral damage. The important thing (in Jake's world) is that he should go to his grave with his bank account stuffed with more money than he or his children, or his children's children, or his children's children's children will ever be able to spend,

He obviously was well skuled by pater.
That's not Jacobs fault- and good on his Dad for spending money on him rather than Champagne, Roulette and prostitutes.

I am absolutely aware the world is not a fair place, you can be born into privelidge or shit,
just don't get the impression JRM is only about feathering his own nest.

No, not really.

I am, however, acutely conscious that more and more of this country's wealth is in the possession of a vanishingly small proportion of the nation's population.

We live in a country where many front-line health workers (whose C19 fatality rate dwarfs that of any other segment of the working population), are reliant on food banks, FFS.

In Jake's world, they're just collateral damage. The important thing (in Jake's world) is that he should go to his grave with his bank account(s) stuffed with more money than he or his children, or his children's children, or his children's children's children will ever be able to spend,

I’ve read some drivel on this site, but truly that is utter bollox. To put it mildly you are talking out of your hoop......

What does Mogg gain from being an MP ?
You're of the opininon that he and others like him do it out of a sense of social duty? In the same manner as (say) the erstwhile Rt Hon Member for Sedgefield? :thumright:

Where can I get the coordinates for my satnav, so I too can come and live in your parallel universe? ;-)

You're of the opininon that he and others like him do it out of a sense of social duty? In the same manner as (say) the erstwhile Rt Hon Member for Sedgefield? :thumright:

Where can I get the coordinates for my satnav, so I too can come and live in your parallel universe? ;-)

gen question-

Mogg is probably hindered in terms of money & power by being an MP ?

Diane Abbott probably get a fucks ton more amount of money & power by being an MP than she would get house keeping at Tom & Jerry's gaff ?

And in coherent English?
That's the best you're gonna get. Make of it what you will.

Call him your 'friend' if you like, 'saviour of the nation' if it floats your boat.​

More fool you. He's on nobody's side but his own.​
I'm not gonna argue with you about him - that would be a waste of my time and yours.​
Maybe, instead - you've time to spare in lockdown I've no doubt - you'd care to surface information/evidence/ things what he has rote that might convert the likes of me to the belief that JR-M is on the side of the angels, and that his personal philosophy is wholly misconstrued by the likes of me ^~

I will probably read it.

I won't promise to reply.

No, not really.

Oh dear, I always thought it was 'bugger my neighbour' no wonder the last few years have been so turbulent.

Latest Threads