Votes: 32 6.7%
  • 2. Hero

Votes: 75 15.7%
  • 3. Muppet

Votes: 139 29.1%
  • 4. A very nice chap doing his best for the country

Votes: 232 48.5%

• Total voters
I see JakIe's sis has been in the papers this week, for bringing her own form of wisdom to bear on one of the burning issues of the day.

Just the usual hate filled invective from the indy because she has the wrong name and her Brother the wrong politics.

If Corbyn or Abbot had said it - then it would be legitimate good advice - In fact the Guardian and other papers have often made these sort of comparisons.

This has nothing to do with the message - its simply the author - how to save money from rich tory toff = faux outrage
how to save money from magic grandpa = man of the people even if he does have 3 million in the bank.

Much like Tony Benn man of the people carefully arranged matters to avoid inheritance tax for his kids.
So be it - but he used the rules but he spent his career criticising Tories who did the same and yet is still portrayed as being more principled than any Tory.
Despite the fact he is clearly less principled - They support the rule and fight to keep it - He opposed itbut hypocritically used it.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I see JakIe's sis has been in the papers this week, for bringing her own form of wisdom to bear on one of the burning issues of the day.

Annunziata Rees-Mogg has kindly shared that potatoes are cheaper than oven chips. That’s food poverty sorted then
She should have a slot on ‘Lorraine’, telling the poor why they should grow orange trees instead of ever buying juice
Annunziata Rees-Mogg should have her own advice show on daytime TV, giving tips to the poor on how to survive.​
She has a natural flair for it, as she showed this week, suggesting the poor should make their own chips. “Tesco 1kg potatoes = 83p, 950g own brand chips = £1.35,” she tweeted.​
Her deep interest in fried potatoes will resonate with the poor. “It comes from the heart, she’s clearly one of us,” they’ll say.​
She probably spends whole evenings discussing these issues with brother Jacob. “We simply have to calculate whether they should use disposable nappies,” she’ll remark, “or if it would be more cost-efficient to sell their child to a trafficking gang in Albania. Quick, Jacob, do the sums, they’re depending on us.”​
Read more from Mr Mark Steel:

If you're quoting Mark Steel, you really need to stand up, shake your head, sit down, take stock, slap yourself several times, stand up again and step away from the keyboard.

What is so awful about Anunziata (sp?) pointing out that actual spuds are cheaper than oven chips? She's hardly telling the proles to eat cake; should she be "checking her privilege" in your opinion? Obviously that's what Mark Steel thinks but I'd like to know the thoughts of someone who isn't an unfunny communist comedian with a permanent slot on Radio 4 .

Annunziata Rees-Mogg has kindly shared that potatoes are cheaper than oven chips. That’s food poverty sorted then
She should have a slot on ‘Lorraine’, telling the poor why they should grow orange trees instead of ever buying juice
Annunziata Rees-Mogg should have her own advice show on daytime TV, giving tips to the poor on how to survive.​
She has a natural flair for it, as she showed this week, suggesting the poor should make their own chips. “Tesco 1kg potatoes = 83p, 950g own brand chips = £1.35,” she tweeted.​
Her deep interest in fried potatoes will resonate with the poor. “It comes from the heart, she’s clearly one of us,” they’ll say.​
She probably spends whole evenings discussing these issues with brother Jacob. “We simply have to calculate whether they should use disposable nappies,” she’ll remark, “or if it would be more cost-efficient to sell their child to a trafficking gang in Albania. Quick, Jacob, do the sums, they’re depending on us.”​

JHFC. Mark Steel?.

A parody of a parody.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Very perceptive of you: clearly there are no traits more enviable than the crass condescension of a stupid person :thumleft:
oh dear, you seem a little teary too. You'll, of course, be able to show exactly why she is stupid or indeed wrong that potatoes are cheaper than chips.
Edit
Oh and on further looking into this tale of intrepid, fearless, investigative journalistic reporting, I find he missed a tiny snippet out
" Explaining her rationale, she tweeted: “The oft repeated but inaccurate belief that low quality/ unhealthy food is *always* cheaper than raw ingredients is part of the problem. It’s why learning to buy/ budget for food is important alongside learning to cook.” "
It's almost as if he wanted the gullible to only have the shock horror probe bit.

Last edited:

I sincerely doubt that many consumers of oven chips are even aware of the existence of potatoes.

I have no real problem with people having any belief system (including atheism),
Atheism is the complete lack of a belief system. You're saying that bald is a hair colour.

Read more from Mark Steel?

69F1997E-9E7B-4CF7-9084-E2B3FB2D4205.png

Nice one, no really....

I’d rather disembowel myself with a blunt spoon.

Indeed, but I shall go to my grave as I have lived most of my life: appalled and astounded by what the hard of thinking can be persuaded to embrace with violent fervour, and no hint of conscience.
Milud, May the court be pleased for the ushers to wheel into court the exhibit marked “ brotherton lad”.

that is all.

Milud, May the court be pleased for the ushers to wheel into court the exhibit marked “ brotherton lad”.

that is all.
That would be 'The contents of Coffin Number One.'

Shamelessly nicked from Sir Spike in the Last Goon Show of All.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Atheism is the complete lack of a belief system. You're saying that bald is a hair colour.
I would disagree, I think I'm saying bald is a fashionable look favoured by sex gods. I've found that those who wear their atheism like a badge of honour tend to be more fundamentalist than your average wahabist imam (although they will try to drown you in their smugness rather than blow you up).

It's a lack of faith, not belief; an atheist believes that God doesn't exist.

I would disagree, I think I'm saying bald is a fashionable look favoured by sex gods. I've found that those who wear their atheism like a badge of honour tend to be more fundamentalist than your average wahabist imam (although they will try to drown you in their smugness rather than blow you up).

It's a lack of faith, not belief; an atheist believes that God doesn't exist.
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Baldies lack certain male hormones which make their hair fall out.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
[QUOTE="exbluejob, post: 10175091,
[/QUOTE]
Which is compensated by extra penile girth and length....

[QUOTE="exbluejob, post: 10175091,
Which is compensated by extra penile girth and length....
[/QUOTE]
Riiiight.

I remember reading that an excess of testosterone is the main cause of male pattern baldness.
Thankfully at 63 I still have a full head of hair, indicating to females my virility and fecundity.

Latest Threads