Votes: 21 6.7%
  • 2. Hero

Votes: 50 15.9%
  • 3. Muppet

Votes: 89 28.3%
  • 4. A very nice chap doing his best for the country

Votes: 154 49.0%

• Total voters
I can't make up my mind about him, he comes across as a gentleman, but then I see he has £100,000,000. A couple of million is fine, but a hundred million? That's embarrassingly rich and goes beyond impressive to excessively vulgar. If Mr Mogg really does have high moral and Christian principles then how can he possibly justify having that much wonga? You would have thought that a man of supposedly high intellect would spot the glaring hypocrisy.

On the other hand, I love the way he deals with the bureaucrats in the EU, the way he makes them squirm in debates with their double standards is like watching a car crash in slow motion. I couldn't think of a better man to deal with Brexit, he has panache and style.

Then another thing troubles me, if he has moral principles then why is he deciding to stab the PM in the back at such a glaringly obvious and delicate moment? Was he not aware of the finer parts of the deal? If he did have moral virtue he'd be going about things in a fairer manner and raising issues as they come, not when the agreement is due. There hasn't been this much back-stabbing since Julius upset his mates.

I used to think the same about BoJo, I used to think he was an intelligent chap. Then he did a complete reverse over his stance on Brexit and I concluded he was just another yes man looking for votes. It must be difficult to have a vision and a bedrock of principles in the dirty world of politics. I can't say I agree with the behaviour of government at this point though, when the country needs them most the rest of the cabinet are behaving disgracefully. Now is not the time for self-interest or party politics.
He didn't . He openly said that it was time for someone else to take us out of the EU, because her deal is actually worse than staying in . If your local garage can't fix a problem with your car , and you tell them you're taking it elsewhere , you're hardly stabbing them in the back …

JRM has thrown his toys out of the pram and is calling for a Vote of No Confidence in TMPM.

Brexit: Rees-Mogg calls for vote of no confidence in May as ministers resign – Politics live

Now I am distinctly under whelmed by JRM and Raab's actions today. They might not completely like the Brexit deal but then there was never going to be a deal that everyone liked.

My personal belief is that JRM is a self-aggrandising nasty little traitor, others may disagree.
So you'd be happy with a deal that shackles us to the EU empire forever and a day?
The traitors are the ones who want to keep us in.
It isn't about economics its about freedom.

This is the Mogg at his best , debating at the Oxford Union 5 years ago ……
It will require 13 minutes and 10 seconds of your busy lives to watch this , but it is well worth it ...

So you'd be happy with a deal that shackles us to the EU empire forever and a day?
I don't agree with considering all remainers as traitors (IMHO, the vast majority of those who voted remain did so believing it was the right thing to do for our country), but your statement above in bold is bang on the money (ironically).

No he said (ro paraphrase) the fact that there are food banks and that the public donate to them is uplifting - It shows compassion in society and that no matter what there will always be some individuals who fall through the cracks.

Which is not the same as the "oh yeah im glad the poor need food banks" its often portrayed as by certain elements stuck in a Tory = rich bad, Labour = good mentality

Edit ah beaten to it - however ill leave it up for emphasis
In the 5th largest economy in the world, and with the levels of taxation on it's working population, nobody should be relying on compassion to be fed. And there is a lot less compassion around after 8 years of brutal austerity and a government wrongly blaming the poor for the crisis.

The only people whose freedom is being restricted is ours (freedom of movement)

Still, if you are rich enough you can buy yourself an EU passport for you and your family. Malta is very obliging right now.

In the 5th largest economy in the world, and with the levels of taxation on it's working population, nobody should be relying on compassion to be fed. And there is a lot less compassion around after 8 years of brutal austerity and a government wrongly blaming the poor for the crisis.
You missed out the obligatory "savage cuts" phrase. Shame on you Товарищ.

It's not all the economy though . The system is completely screwed .Locally , a single mum of 19 is living in a single damp room in a hostel for £1000 month ( her council house burnt down and they are waiting to re-house her ) When I innocently asked whether either set of grandparents or siblings weren't willing to put her up for a few months , I was told that if they did that , she would no longer be considered homeless . What a great way to break up families and keep people in misery .

Did the Government ever blame the poor for the crisis? I have no recollection of Cameron, or any other Tory politician saying "Of course if it wasn't for those bloody peons from sink estates crashing the global markets and making the banks fail, we'd be in clover". They did blame Labour for their mismanagement of our economy (which is fairly true), but I don't think you can accuse any Labour MP of being "poor".

"Brutal" austerity; your definition of brutality is somewhat different from mine. Nobody has starved to death as a result of UK Government cuts that I'm aware of. So not very "brutal", IMHO.

There are numerous foodbanks here in Switzerland , too, and they are well used. One that we know gives out food once a week to something like 50 families.
Some of the banks hand out tinned and dried foods. Others take in end-of-day fresh fruit, veg, meats etc from nearby shops and supermarkets; and others are like supermarkets where products are a fraction of their normal price.

There are numerous foodbanks here in Switzerland , too, and they are well used. One that we know gives out food once a week to something like 50 families.
Some of the banks hand out tinned and dried foods. Others take in end-of-day fresh fruit, veg, meats etc from nearby shops and supermarkets; and others are like supermarkets where products are a fraction of their normal price.
But surely it’s only the UK with its Somalia like levels of savage poverty that have food banks?

But surely it’s only the UK with its Somalia like levels of savage poverty that have food banks?
I know someone who travelled to Bristol to give evidence about poverty in rural areas to the UN investigator.

She's a screaming marxist but facts are facts. There's a segment of the population that is being failed. That it happens abroad too just goes to show.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
You missed out the obligatory "savage cuts" phrase. Shame on you Товарищ.
If you're going to use my name, please be so kind as to capitalise it.

Perhaps we should have cigarette banks, giant TV banks and Sky satellite banks for the ever-so-poor-no-really-starving-we-are-honest-guv.

Some people can't even afford Sky sports FFS - what kind of monstrous society have we created?

Bollox that's just the usual unthinking Tory bad soundbites you are spouting

1) People will always slip through the cracks - no matter how good a system is in place
2) Many users of food banks use them as a result of sanctions*
a) Sanctions aren't a tory thing - No really just like tax loop holes and disability assessments they dont magically appear the day after Labour lose an election - its only that reporting them does.
b) If your sanctioned its because you failed to do something and so benefits were stopped nine times out of 10 that's your fault
Neither a) or B are related to austerity -
Nor is C) which is the attempt to simplify the system and introduce universal credit which hasn't been handled brilliantly and whilst in reality its admin cock up the Tories as party in power correctly take the heat. However it isn't any genocide of the poor or any other such retarded shite as espoused by the likes of the canary and skwakbox
d) At least under the conservatives the benefits office can direct the needy to food banks - Labour policy was that they couldn't - Fascist tory poor hating bastards right.
3) Nobody, Tory or otherwise has blamed the poor for the crisis - that' along with the NHS ending (conflating privatising elements with removing public funding) is another corbynista fantasy which appeals to the unthinking masses who lap it up as it panders to the politics of envy.
4) Austerity has been shit for all - it would have been just as shit under labour, because we would be in year 6 or 7 now because Labours plan in 2010 was to delay austerity another year or 2 - Of course since then the left has convinced itself that there would not have been Austerity under Labour.

As to Welfare cuts - well wages froze taxes rose why shouldn't those on Benefits also feel the pinch - not in terms of food and housing but the reduction in eligibility for certain other benefits (motobility etc) Some benefits need to be considered more a if we the nation can afford it lets do it -in times of crisis just the basics - sort of how the working man has to tighten his belt.

Quite frankly theres something very wrong when working people have a lower income than whats supposed to be a safety net. A benefits cap seems eminently sensible as does the 2 child limit - Working couples dont receive a pay rise for having kids - it always struck me as idiocy to pay non productive members of society to breed particularly since its been demonstrated to be a cycle that begets another generation stuck in this trap with no incentive to break out. Cant afford 3 children dont have them -yes working lost job is different - but when we are discussing never worked wont work its very wrong to create a welfare state that's a massive financial burden and tax load on the working man.

The best thing that could have been done is ditching family credit - but the outcry prevented that -

But what would you have done the economy has tanked - Brown had pissed away the reserves and the UK borrows money to pay debt interest - there comes a point where you have to stop spending and try to live within your means - What alternative was there

*We will step away from users like my sister who did so because it allowed her to be nice new TV because we will assume abusers are in the minority

** On 1 side of my family I have 5 Aunts / uncles and about 30 cousins If we exclude drugs dealing and burglary only 2 of those cousins work, 1 is married to a Man who works and 1 aunt has started work in the last 5 years, the rest (bar 3 still at school) have no intention of ever working and their children are going the same way.

Theres plenty wrong and plenty of flaws in the system - but that's not Tory or Labour or Austerity and chucking money wont help either. It does seem though that we pretend its all hunky Dory as long as Labours in charge and only notice the cracks when they are voted out.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Still, if you are rich enough you can buy yourself an EU passport for you and your family. Malta is very obliging right now.
You utter bellend, what about our freedom to trade with the rest of the world under our own tariffs, the freedom to make our own laws and not be shackled to any old tripe that the EU plan on throwing our way over the next couple of years. As for freedom of movement, do you really think that come March 29th 2019, you'll be shackled to the UK in perpetuity?

I got mine for 80 euro from Eire

I reckon JRM has overplayed his hand.

He's got more chance of bonking HMQ than getting his 48 letters