• 3. Muppet

Votes: 91 28.6%
  • 4. A very nice chap doing his best for the country

Votes: 155 48.7%

• Total voters

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I find their sexual habits revolting, other than that if I find they are pleasant company socially then....great.
Does that make me homophobic ?
If you're not giving deep throat you're homophobic.

There should be no marriage tax or allowance, such a thing is entirely outside the bounds of government.
The only bit I have an issue with. Tax policy to encourage the survival of our civilisation would seem to be entirely within the bounds of, and indeed duty of, Government.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
And there you'd be wrong.
Theres an English ouen in the local shellhole who sacked Latin at school and he's fifty or fifty-one.

Edit.
By English I mean he grew up and went to school in England, rather than it being his first language.
I don’t know what to tell you. Nobody my age did Latin at school as a subject past first form.. And that includes the two top Belfast grammars, Inst and Methody.

The dames school her year didn’t do it. Her sister who is a year above did.
How can that be wrong? It’s a simple fact.

I find their sexual habits revolting, other than that if I find they are pleasant company socially then....great.
Does that make me homophobic ?
What habits are these? you don't need to be gay to enjoy blowjobs or a spot of back door smashing.

If they don't have a plan to increase or decrease widget production then they are incompetent.
Don't worry, Comrade Corbyn will along shortly to announce a 5 year plan for widgets.

Sorry Red, I agree with your previous. I was not directing my comments at you, rather answering the bit of your post I'd put in block. I agree entirely with what you say here too. Shortly after the result my suspicions were aroused. It was obvious that David Lammy wasn't the only one who only believed in "their" democracy being the "right" one. Funny though they're happy to accept our vote when they get elected, and I mean all parties! Sadly I agree with what you've said here too. I believe our "betters" are not happy with us, and are spinning this out hoping we'll get fed up, then call it something else, in the hope we'll vote the way they want rather than following our wishes.
No need to say sorry at all. I didn't take your comments badly.
I agree with your comments. Most MPs are not listening to the voters and the Brexit situation is making that more obvious than usual. Most MPs have no idea of the country's mood - being stuck in London and basing your political news on Twitter posts is a mistake too many of them make.
After the terrible start to the week in terms of May's deal, I am relieved that at least some MPs are standing up for us.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I don’t know what to tell you. Nobody my age did Latin at school as a subject past first form.. And that includes the two top Belfast grammars, Inst and Methody.

The dames school her year didn’t do it. Her sister who is a year above did.
The UK as a whole is leaving the European Union.
One would assume that posting gen, (or in this case disinformation,) would cover the whole of the UK unless otherwise caveated.
Your post only covered what you know of your area, while purporting otherwise.
Mine mentioned England because that is where he comes from.
At present I have no information on the other countries.
Whether it is representative of the whole of England I don't know, but next time we meet I'll ask the loc and if it was an anomaly.

It's neither a simple fact nor a complicated one, it's true only for a certain area not the UK as was implied.
The only part of the post in question which is wrong is this:
Latin was gone in schools long before the eec reared it’s ugly head in the 70s I’m sixty and only people who needed it for work, learned Latin and not in school. Those who were taught it as part of the everyday school curriculum would be a different and probably dead generation.
So most of it.

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
“Stout?”

He’s hardly stout is he?

“Scrawny” might be a better adjective .
Test tube baby.

He went full term in one.

His voting record worries me a tad.

IIRC he voted against unaccompanied child refugees ( and yes, I acknowledge there were some fakes ) being allowed into the U.K. which as he claims to be a practicing catholic, I wonder what his friend Jesus would have said about that.

I believe he also voted that property let out to be inhabited by humans for commercial gain should not necessarily be fit for human habitation.

He doesn’t strike me as being a decent chap. In fact I’d go so far as to say that there is a touch of the c*** about him.

ahem, Perhaps this is what you meant to say?

The government has no role to play in a persons love life or sex life, regardless of genders involved. The government also has no role in the marriage business thus releasing it from having any input or opinion on whom is able to marry whom.

The crux of the gay marriage issue appears to me to be that as marriage is largely a religious institution, the religious institution should have sole say in who and how those marriages can take place.

The government is not and should never be in a position to force a religion to break it´s own values and marry gay people, which it is fairly obvious is a problem for them.

Instead, the option of a civil marriage or some other gay friendly church marriage should be fine however as the government is very much involved in the marriage business, gay people are rightly demanding fair and equal treatment. There should be no marriage tax or allowance, such a thing is entirely outside the bounds of government.

I believe that you will find that JRM is of the same opinion.
I disagree.

whilst I believe anyone should be able to marry anyone else (as long as they are capable of agreeing and is above 18).

I think there should be marriage allowances. I have to work fairly hard at the moment to allow my wife to concentrate on raising the full time. We'd be better off if my gross take home was divided between us and we both worked...

I'd like to see any married couple able to pass their tax allowance to their partner. Particularly when kids were on scene. Biological, adopted or fostered.

a £24k tax allowance would make things pretty bearable, even with (for examole) a steep tax rise later on. Child benefit could also be added to the allowance.

one parent staying at home to look after de r kinder.

His voting record worries me a tad.

IIRC he voted against unaccompanied child refugees ( and yes, I acknowledge there were some fakes ) being allowed into the U.K. which as he claims to be a practicing catholic, I wonder what his friend Jesus would have said about that.

I believe he also voted that property let out to be inhabited by humans for commercial gain should not necessarily be fit for human habitation.

He doesn’t strike me as being a decent chap. In fact I’d go so far as to say that there is a touch of the c*** about him.
That sounds a tad hysterical.

could there be valid reasons for any of those choices?

it smacks of the hoo har around the 'upskirting' law or whatever it was.

Last edited:
Latin, handy for the priesthood. Horticulture, biology and medicine.
And studying modern Romance languages , as well as English.
Oh, and I studied Ancient Greek and Latin to A level (1971): the Greek was also invaluable for the Romance languages.
Reading 'Winnie ille Pooh' and 'Asterix' in Latin was great fun.
For my son, who studied for the equivalent of A levels in Cultural Heritage at Liceo Classico in Italy, Latin, Greek, English and French were mandatory languages.

The issue might have been a tad more complex:

1 March 2017: The government bill called for working with Greece and Italy to reunite unaccompanied refugee children with their families, and also for local authorities in the UK to monitor their own capacity to support unaccompanied refugee children. Rees-Mogg voted against. (If you want to know who Jacob Rees-Mogg really is, take a look at his voting record)

Can't find anything about the human habitations thing on https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24926/jacob_rees-mogg/north_east_somerset/votes, but that could just be me being a speccy twat.