Votes: 21 6.7%
  • 2. Hero

Votes: 50 15.9%
  • 3. Muppet

Votes: 89 28.3%
  • 4. A very nice chap doing his best for the country

Votes: 154 49.0%

• Total voters
Politician = slimey purveyor of untruths.
Whatever their beliefs.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Jacob Rees-Mogg is the slimiest politician since Mandelson, and sees this as his chance to get to PM. Now given the occasion, that PMTM is trying hard to convince the EU that we mean business about Brexit his resignation may be useful. PMTM should treat him with contempt.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Just saw the arrogant shit on the news. The piece of self-serving ordure. Basically naming his own new cabinet. I hope he doesnt get anywhere near a cabinet post ever again.

He seems or appears to be somewhat more intelligent and articulate than most politicians, especially those from the left. And from what I have seen or read about him, to stand by his principles, something rare in politics! It will be interesting to see if he will change his mind about becoming PM but perhaps he would make a good minister if May goes?

Just saw the arrogant shit on the news. The piece of self-serving ordure. Basically naming his own new cabinet. I hope he doesnt get anywhere near a cabinet post ever again.
I'm reasonably sure JRM has never been in cabinet. He's an ideologue - the flip-side of the coin to Seamus Milne for Corbyn (one difference between them being that he's elected). He's not a leader - irrespective of how you regard his views, his debating style/logic and demeanour.

JRM has a brain the size of a plant and can debate the opposition into a hat. I would love to see him in a one to one with Diane Abbott. I think he is very far from self serving. I genuinely believe that he has the interests of the country at heart.

He's very fertile. Got loads of kids.
Cracking names too.

I think he’s a very intelligent, old-fashioned man, who I happen to disagree with on several points.

I may disagree with what he says, but I like the way he says it - he is unwaveringly polite. I’d quite like a pint and a chat with him.

JRM has a brain the size of a plant and can debate the opposition into a hat. I would love to see him in a one to one with Diane Abbott. I think he is very far from self serving. I genuinely believe that he has the interests of the country at heart.
I think that's very unfair on him. That said, even if he only had the brain of a plant, he'd still outwit Flabbot by an order of magnitude.

Last edited:
I do believe that you missed out an e there.

ETA. Rats, not quick enough

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
JRM is intelligent, no doubt about it, but his intelligence seems to be to get to the PM position.

I can understand that Rees-Mogg does adhere to his principles, but his principles are horrific. A homophobic, over-privileged bigot. Add to that his profiteering notions. Tax havens? Ask Mr Rees-Mogg. Anyone who espouses that abortion in cases of rape or incest is wrong is inhuman.

Him being in PM role will turn back Conservative politics to something way before Thatcher. After that, Corbyn as PM? awful prospects.