redundency

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by thebanker11, Nov 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. if i put my redundency form in,in jan and get a posting im june which is shit could i retreat it and sign off and save the army money?

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Why wait? Please carry on.

3. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

What redundancy form are you talking about? Don't you have to wait and see if you're one of the eligible ones in Tranche 3A in January before you can volunteer?

And why do you want to save the Army money if you're leaving? Is that so the rest of us will benefit by 0.001p each if you go early?

Sorry you for being June, which is shit. Apparently.

Not a spelling and grammar Nazi - but obviously it helps if you want real answers to your questions!

4. Yes I'm biting!

3A?

5. TheresaMay

Yep - 3 and 4 have now been renamed 3A and 3B.

No idea why - the answer is out there somewhere. Came down from CO's prayers last week mate.

6. i read on here that there is no list in trench 3 you just have to get a form from your RSM send it to MCM div in glasgow to be condisered for redundency ? and wait you till june ?

7. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

If I was you, I would speak with my RCMO or ARCMO, they will be able to provide the answers you seek, much better than a bunch of drunken halfwits out for some fun after a particularly boozy lunch....................

I wouldn't look in the third trench, I would wait until the list comes out for Tranche 3.

8. There are a series of Briefings being given to the Chain of Command around 11-13 Dec ( Depends on where you are. Glasgow on 13th is the last on the "tour") which will clarify the procedure for the next Tranche. I suggest you wait-out until you get the pukka gen rather than go on rumour.

9. Why would your RSM be responsible for dishing out redundency forms in a trench?

I suggest you go to the Regimental Admin Office and ask there.

10. TheresaMay

Notification will be announced in January. If you're eligible and potentially up for the chop - you'll find out then. At which point you can volunteer. If not, then you cant.

Wait until Jan. Simple.

11. I would have thought it obvious - if we had 4 tranches that would be a bad thing. Clearly, we are now only having 3 so a big 'Hurrah' all round (albeit that the 3rd one has been split into 2 separate parts). Don't you just love political spin?

12. TheresaMay

ETA - Yeah funny old thing - was asking around our place just before I wrote that last post and they were saying a similar thing.

We were saying only the other day about how comes everything these days is "Number One Priority".

So finally, after much perseverance from our higher command levels, they finally addressed our concerns with a new priority system which went something like:

"Priority 1A..."
    "Priority 1B..."
    "Priority 1C..."

Don't you just love politics?

13. I think the 3, 4 or 3a/3b thing came out of a wish to address the uncertainty that people were feeling over the drawn out process of 4 tranches spread over several years. The idea was that all the remaining redundancies would be announced at the same time, but folk would depart over a longer timscale. But, that just means you have folk who know they are leaving remaining in post for ages. Neither way is good. Both probably beat the life insurance company I heard of ( this was the 80s mind) who put an envelope on everyone place-setting at the Christmas dinner, to be opened after the Chairmans speech, cue "Well Done Everyone speech, but times are hard so I regret that I have some bad news ...".... 30% of people found a severance cheque and a note asking them to hand in their car-keys, a taxi would take them home.

14. sounds good to me thanks your rcmo is coming in to chatt with us on the 11th so that ties in thanks.

15. thebanker11,

It was I who told you about the RSM holding the forms, which should be sent to Glasgee.

There are no forms, and you'd probably attract the gaze of the RSM if you asked for them.

Sorry, but I'd have trouble sleeping tonight if I felt you might actually ask the Badge for the forms...

As above, the only people who know at this time are in MCM Div, and even then it may still be on 'draft vX.X'.

Going off previous tranches, the fields will be released in January.

The fields list capbadge, trade, rank and length of service. If you in that bracket you can apply or take your chances...

I say apply or take your chances, but from what I've seen it doesn't make any odds. The only difference is tha tif you volunteer you only have 6 months to get sorted, if you're told to go you have 12.

You can leave pretty much as soon as you want in both cases though.