Redundencies 2006/2007

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BitterandTwistedArtisan, Nov 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was on Armynet about 2 months ago and noticed a post headed 'redundencies 2006/2007'. I tried to open the page but it wouldn't let me. Has anyone heard about redundecies in 2006/2007? :roll:
  2. Royal Irish Regiment (Home Service) 2nd, 3rd, 4th Bn on 01 Aug 07.
  3. Also hear they are closing Ballymeana down, home of the Royal Irish Rangers - some accountant smoking fock plot again 8O
  4. Army Legal Services and the SIB?
  5. The Army will be replaced by SODEXHO in 2007.
  6. Point of order...The Royal Irish Regiment (although it was home of the Royal Irish Rangers and Depot King's Div). :wink: :wink: :wink:

The RUC/PSNI have been dying to grab that place for years. They want(ed) to use it as their trg place. It will be interesting if it ends up being sold to them.

7. I thought SERCO had beat the to it?
  8. Point taken, but my wife was with the Rangers in Armagh for 14 years so it's a hard habit to break :wink:
  9. 307

307 War Hero

Bloody civvi firms, refused to feed us in the cookhouse as we were not accounted for on thie rcatering request, this nobber was giving it all this whilst lunch had finished, and he was standing in front of a load of rice, chips, potatos etc. left over, that were either being taken home for him & his mrs or going to the bin. It really annoyed me and highlighted the fact these firms care far more about breaking even and making profit etc. than looking out for the lads, and where they're involved, I firmly believe the focus should be on looking out for the lads, but this is the problem when you give a job to a company rather than keep it within the service, the compnay is owned by hsareholders and works for them and them alone.
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

OK, but compensation is being paid to Rangers surely :wink:
  11. The Infantry MCM div site has a section on it within the communities section. From what I can see it is only officers so far and phase 2 redundancy for infantry soldiers is being looked at.
  12. No 'official' word on closing BMA yet!

Northern Ireland Training Regiment (who are based there) have been told they will continue running training there until Apr 07.
    Just for clarity as well Headquarters of The Royal Irish Regiment and Regimental Headquarters The Royal Irish Regiment are also based there.

The RUC/PSNI training centre has already been announced as being built on a green field site near Magherafelt.

13. 307,

Why would these firms give a toss about you and "the Lads"? They are there to make money, nothing more. Welcome to the real world of business.