Redundancy

Discussion in 'REME' started by shut_cint, Jun 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if it happened here.

2. Excellent. I will sleep easier now that I know that you're not sure if it happened there (wherever there is) . :)

3. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

You'll find this happens in lots of places - we just had a redundancy round at my company and we've lost another 10% on top. Once redundancies are announced people start looking for other employment just incase...some of those people like what they find and so will go whether they get redundancy or not...if they get it then it's a bonus.

S_R

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Don't forget those who found out that their capbadge/rank combination meant that they weren't eligible - like me. That caused me to sign off many months ago.

5. Two in this room I'm in!

6. We had four redundees out of eight in the brackets.
    On top of the four that have signed off we had another two today...
    Put that on top of the fitter section we are down from Op Entirety and the three PAP10.
    Whats left you can safely say are going to be dry finger blasted roughly....

• Like Like x 1
  7. It was wholly likely that this might happen.

Back in my day (yawn):wave: If too many people were asking to PVR then the trade was made into a protected one and you couldn`t leave even if you wanted to.

8. Big deal, a lot of "big hand, small map" thinking involved here.

18 Jun 13 Tranche 3 redundees get notified. Some people volunteered but not selected, sign off.

Jan 14 MoD revues numbers needed for Tranche 4, select fewer than anticipated because of seepage after Tranche 3.

I'm sorry for the people that got selected as non-volunteers. The bottom line is that the Army has been told to get smaller, some people are going to get made redundant.

There is a "good" process in place for administering those who are leaving. For those that got today's DVD starring Col P, you know what you have to do, starting from 0900 hours local this morning.

Get on with it.

9. No problem with that at all but what concerns me is the manpower left are told to suck it up Buttercup in the the Interim until this 2020 restructuring is sorted. Gapping posts is the norm at the moment where I am now we loose more and wont get replacements till they are SOS.....

10. Ever thought of a career in the AWS ^~

• Like Like x 2