Redundancy?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Zarathustra, Jan 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So the results are in, I think we've got off fairly lightly. I get the feeling that people at my place aren't too upset, I'm a bit disappointed I'm not for the chop.

What's the feeling through the rest of the Infantry, happy, sad or indifferent?

2. Quite a few bodies at our battalion announced this morning. Get the feeling few will be upset as well but heyho people are usually feeling suicidal post leave heh.

3. Yeah, I missed out by a few months, one of our blokes is under the impression that if you don't volunteer then you won't get a payout, he apparently heard this from the RCMO.

Starange as I didn't see that mentioned anywhere in the DIN.

4. He probably had the brief from some thick infanteer.

5. Tell me about it, he wouldn't believe me when I told him that the people I knew who got compulsory redundancy in Tranche 1 got the same payout as those who volunteered, just six months later.

6. That's mental, either the bloke briefing did a shit job of reading the script, or your mate's thicker than whale spunk. Surely someone else who sat through the same brief could put him straight?

I had a look at the Inf Jnrs, it's bizarre that they've taken Ptes left and right of the 9/10 year blokes.

7. Is there a trend of making those who are married redundant ?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think it's probably a bit of both to be honest. I missed out by 4 months, I wouldn't have complained if I'd got it.

9. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

I'm on the list, but I've got 20 pensionable years in the bank. So if they pick me its 'so long and thanks for all the fish'.

10. Lt col in 20 years isn't bad!!

11. No. Not unless being married has made you shit at the job.

12. I don't undersand how the Army can make redundancies and recruit at the same time? I though there were rules about that!?

13. They are recruiting to preserve continuity through the rank structure, otherwise there will be a shortage in certain ranks in years to come and they will not be able to fill it.

Another thought - if you are permanently downgraded you will NOT be made redundant... what the hell? Any thoughts on this gem?

14. They'll be kicked out on PAP10, like the briefing said!

15. Yeah, PAP10 Version 3.