Redundancy

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by goatbagthedruid, Dec 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In light of the media reports into job cuts, what sort of offer would you accept to 'go early'?

GBTD

2. Two years salary up front in hard cash.

3. Good question!

I reckon 18-24 months of salary.

I'll dig out the brown envelopes from last time and see what the Department offered in 1992-4.

Litotes

4. Can they afford redundancy payments.

5. I would probably settle for an immediate pension based on a realistic predicted finishing rank.

6. Same..put me down for that also...bags packed

7. me too I am up for that id be up for it like a rat up a drain pipe

8. I seem to remember that your terms and conditions of service were changed a few of years ago (just as I put my notice in) to reflect the now fixed redundancy terms at a maximum of 9 months pay.

Sorry to disappoint, I left 25 years done, very happy and better off than I've ever been if it's any consolation :wink:

My civvy job has fixed redundancy terms of 3 months pay :cry:

9. There is no redundancy, just reduction in recruitment and cutting continuence etc, far cheaper than redundancy!
    Lots of people in the RAF being rejected for continued service at the moment.

10. Ex-husband took redundancy in 1994, he had 10 years reckonable service (RE/AGC) and was a L/Cpl - was paid £20,000.

11. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

No - natural wastage only.

12. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dam.

13. Crap, I should not have eaten that cheeseburger.

14. And admin discharges, discipline discharges, compassionate discharges and guys who have signed off applying to leave early because they have a job set up.
    To be honest I always said even if i won the lottery i would still serve my time, however having been bummed over they can poke it and if they are mad enough to offer redundancies i would snap their arms off.

15. Bloody Hell! It's a very thick folder!!!!

It might take me some to wade through it!

Litotes