Redundancy

Good question!

I reckon 18-24 months of salary.

I'll dig out the brown envelopes from last time and see what the Department offered in 1992-4.

Litotes

I would probably settle for an immediate pension based on a realistic predicted finishing rank.

me too I am up for that id be up for it like a rat up a drain pipe

I seem to remember that your terms and conditions of service were changed a few of years ago (just as I put my notice in) to reflect the now fixed redundancy terms at a maximum of 9 months pay.

Sorry to disappoint, I left 25 years done, very happy and better off than I've ever been if it's any consolation :wink:

My civvy job has fixed redundancy terms of 3 months pay :cry:

There is no redundancy, just reduction in recruitment and cutting continuence etc, far cheaper than redundancy!
Lots of people in the RAF being rejected for continued service at the moment.

Litotes said:
Good question!

I'll dig out the brown envelopes from last time and see what the Department offered in 1992-4.

Litotes
Ex-husband took redundancy in 1994, he had 10 years reckonable service (RE/AGC) and was a L/Cpl - was paid £20,000.

And admin discharges, discipline discharges, compassionate discharges and guys who have signed off applying to leave early because they have a job set up.
To be honest I always said even if i won the lottery i would still serve my time, however having been bummed over they can poke it and if they are mad enough to offer redundancies i would snap their arms off.

Litotes said:
Good question!

Litotes
Bloody Hell! It's a very thick folder!!!!

It might take me some to wade through it!

Litotes

Litotes said:
Litotes said:
Good question!

Litotes
Bloody Hell! It's a very thick folder!!!!

It might take me some to wade through it!

Litotes

1994 I was a LCoH (Cpl) 18 months pay and 50 commuted pension on 12+
+42k

I have worked my way through my redundancy folder (why can I find something that was archived 15 years ago but can't find my thermos flask that I last used in October????) and found that the offer wasn't much!

I had 19 years of service at that point (1994). By the looks of it, the Army told me that I would be entitled to my earned pension and gratuity plus a Special Capital Payment on top.

The SCP worked out at 3/4 of one year's pension, and I reckoned that I had the opportunity of two more promotions, so I did not volunteer. The spreadsheet shows that I made the right choice as my pension is now considerably more than it would have been had I grabbed the money and run in 1994!

I doubt that any future redundancy terms will offer any more than that.

Litotes

cursedveggie said:
I would probably settle for an immediate pension based on a realistic predicted finishing rank.
. . . . and I bet you thought you would make Colonel eh?!!
:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Yorkie Infantry 1
napier Officers 17
Forces_Sweetheart Finance, Property, Law 12